Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2014 4:22:48 PM EDT
22 LR pistol.  He has offered it to me at a "steal" price.  Problem is, it is locked up and I cannot get the slide to come back.  I have unlocked the trigger guard, removed the mag, but still cant get the slide to move rearward.  I suspect there may be a unfired (?) round jammed somewhere in the mechanism or a unejected fired round caught in the pistol somewhere.  I would like to buy this pistol but need to be able to clear this malfunction.  Other than sending this beauty off to S & W can anyone help????
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Put cleaning rod down the barrel and mark it with a felt-tip marker. Take it out and see if the mark lines up when the cleaning rod end is lined up with the boltface/chamber interface. If the mark is behind the muzzle then there likely is something in the barrel. I would repair it myself. If you don't feel comfortable doing so, find a reputable gun smith near you, or send it to S&W.
Or take the grips off, put it in a padded vise pointed in a safe direction, wrap the slide with some leather, grasp leather with channellock pliers, gently tap on pliers at the jaws pivot, see if slide moves. Soaking it in some penetrating oil before hand might help. IM me and I'll see if I can walk you through it if needed. Hope this helps
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I second the rod down the barrel and mark.  Then remove grips and soak in a tub of whatever penetrating oil you like.  Then try moving the slide

My money is on a round corroded in the chamber.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Smith Wesson customer service is EXCEPTIONAL...I'd buy it and send it in. How much $$$ if you don't mind me asking??
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I know about S & W customer service.  Spoke with them and they don't want to touch it due to the fact it may have a live round in it jammed in the chamber or wherever.  When I said steal, I meant it... around $200.00
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 10:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know about S & W customer service.  Spoke with them and they don't want to touch it due to the fact it may have a live round in it jammed in the chamber or wherever.  When I said steal, I meant it... around $200.00
View Quote

If you will email or IM me I will walk you through this process. It has actually been done before, and it can be done safely. Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I will get back to you as soon as I have this model 41 in my possession.  Don't want to take apart my friends gun and ruin something on it.  Thanks.  It was in this condition 2 years ago and according to my friend is still the same way.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:50:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 6:21:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Grab it before he changes his mind!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top