Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2014 1:43:37 PM EDT
Hey folks!- I havent run into this in a long time so some new insight please. New Glock- M36 45acp,  230 gr hardball .  Less than 500 rounds through it and its starting to " stovepipe" ( dont know if they still call it that) Factory rounds from LGS- the only work done on this was a 3.5 wollf connector and a 6lb trigger spring. I lean towards the ammo- maybe a box or 2 at the end of a run, some poor measures? Its my CCW so I dont want any trouble- I dont see why the 2 add ons would do anything like this but! any ideas thank you very much
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 2:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
You limp wristing mofo!!

Double check with new, good ammo. My guess is your not applying enough forward pressure when shooting... Been there, done that..
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 12:31:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Put the factory parts back in and see if the problem goes away. Did it run prior to the parts swap?
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put the factory parts back in and see if the problem goes away. Did it run prior to the parts swap?
View Quote

What for?  That's ridiculous!  Trigger springs or connectors do not - and never have - caused anybody's Glock to stovepipe (or, 'FTE').  

It's a new G-36.  If your wrist is properly locked when you fire then the most likely cause is that the slide is, ‘short stroking’.  This could be caused by the Glock being new and still, ‘stiff’; or it might be the result of using crappy, ‘range quality’ ammo.  

Make sure you’re not limp wristing.  Use sufficiently powerful ammo; and take a look to make sure your extractor claw isn’t chipped.  In my own experience every polymer frame pistol requires a good three to five hundred rounds run through it BEFORE it’s, ‘verified’ for field service.  (So, you’ve still got a way to go!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top