Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2013 10:06:46 PM EDT
Just curious if any members would know where a guy can rent or borrow a MGW sight tool for an M&P Shield. I'm half tempted to just buy one, but seeing as how I only plan on using it this one time I'd rather not. Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 12/19/2013 12:17:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd suggest sending your slide off to a pro to do the work. Even with the MGW pusher I read a lot about people having difficulties getting sights out and in. I'm dropping mine off tomorrow to have some sights put it for $25. I was going to buy the pusher for $100, but like you I would only need it once. My guy is local, but Xdman.com is $25 with return shipping including.
Link Posted: 12/20/2013 11:56:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont have a sight pusher, but wished I did. I destroyed my rear sight getting it off, but the new ones went on without much trouble.

Link Posted: 12/21/2013 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont have a sight pusher, but wished I did. I destroyed my rear sight getting it off, but the new ones went on without much trouble.

View Quote

I can attest that removal is a pain in the a$$, even with a pusher it can be a real ordeal. On is easier, but with a punch you still run the risk of busting tritium vials so be very careful or "fit" the sight with a file and use a nylon punch.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#4]

I bought the sight pusher tool off of ebay for $50 and changed my Shield sights (front,rear), my 1911, my dad's 1911, etc.... There is one pusher tool on ebay that comes with stainless pins and a ball bearing so that the surface it pushes on isn't applied with overpressure from the tool itself.

All I did was hot glue some leather on the inside where the slide goes and it works perfect.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top