Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2017 5:01:08 PM EDT
Lately I've developed a fetish for revolvers again. I used to have several a few years ago, but then slowly sold them off when it was time to buy my house. Since then, I've been wanting to get back into revolvers but just never had the spare funds or when I did someone else would beat me to a smoking deal

While browsing Armslist yesterday saw an ad for a S&W Model 64-6 DOA with Hogue wraparound grips, 100 rounds of Speer +P 38 special, around 40 rounds of assorted reloads, Fobus holster, some snake shot, and some practice caps for $275. I emailed the guy, talked back and forth some to work out logistics and meet up today.

Gentleman I got it from had it for roughly 5 years, having purchased somewhere as a police turn in. I would love to figure out a way to find out which department. He was also a former gunsmith and advised me had polished all the internals, and let me pull the trigger a few times to make sure I was happy with it

For $275 I am very happy to add this to my collection. I did screw up one part of the Hogue grips taking them off, knocked the top flap loose but I was already planning on looking for a different set of grips. Just mad at myself for not being more careful, cause the Hogue grips are comfortable.

I did take it home and lightly polish her with some mother's. Other than that, I'm ready to take her to the range next chance I get
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#1]
There were a bunch of those around a few years ago.  I was told they  were From Wells Fargo security. I was picking up something else at an FFL who literally had a plastic tub full of these, your choice $200. I bought one, should have bought more. Nice gun, I replaced the bobbed hammer on mine with a regular hammer. I put the same grips on mine. Great shooter and you got it for a great price.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm definitely happy with it, just need to make time to go to the range and practice

Plus, my wife actually expressed an interest in this revolver, mainly cause it's shiny and balanced well in her hand. Hopefully I can get her shooting it accurately with it and make it her home defense gun. But that will have to be after our first child is born, ain't letting her shoot until after he's born
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Good buy, put some wood on it. . I have a 64-8 with the dumb sleeved barrel.  My wife's favorite handgun to shoot.  I put some Altamont boot grips on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top