Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2017 12:03:13 AM EDT
Mostly Curious if these are ammo sensitive due to the porting?
What else should i know?

I made the mistake of handling a 2.0 the other day so i'll be waiting till those hit the market.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 12:41:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the long slide PC ported model. It's never failed to feed around yet, and that's a mix of factory and reloaded ammo. If you are a reloader and shoot lead, it will get dirty as hell. I actually had to scrape lead from just outside the ports on the barrel.

I don't have a regular 5" M&P, so I can only compare the PC model to a standard model. I really don't notice any difference in having ports versus not. I guess the point is, that the ports don't seem to do a damn thing on a 9mm. It may be different in another caliber though.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the long slide PC ported model. It's never failed to feed around yet, and that's a mix of factory and reloaded ammo. If you are a reloader and shoot lead, it will get dirty as hell. I actually had to scrape lead from just outside the ports on the barrel.

I don't have a regular 5" M&P, so I can only compare the PC model to a standard model. I really don't notice any difference in having ports versus not. I guess the point is, that the ports don't seem to do a damn thing on a 9mm. It may be different in another caliber though.
View Quote
I appreciate the info the long slide pc ported model is exactly what i'm considering.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top