Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2017 11:28:30 PM EDT
I had my first failures to feed in my S&W Shield.  The second round in the 8 round mag nosedived using Fed 147 HST. This happened twice, so I set that magazine aside. I then took a nearly new mag and ran two magazines full and the issue did not show up again.  Has anyone else observed this?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you disassembled the problem mag and compared it w/one of your functional mags? I've read of occasional problems w/S&W mags having the spring installed backwards (once case of two springs installed!), or in my case the end of the spring wasn't properly attached to the follower.
HTH...

Tomac
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I disassembled the mag and saw nothing unusual.  The spring was oriented as shown in the owners manual.  I'll give S&W a call to see what they say.  

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top