Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2017 2:29:44 PM EDT
Hey guys, question for anyone that carries a bodyguard 380. What kind of holster do you use?.  I plan on carrying it appendix right handed. Here's one I found today .    

https://www.concealmentexpress.com/cart

Not sure how the company or item is.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I know this doesn't help since you're wanting appendix, but I use an Alabama Front Pocket Holster.
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Same.  Front pocket holster.

The "Big" advantage of the .380 Body Guard is the size works for Pocket Carry...
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#4]
How much did you guys have to,adjust your wardrobe for the Alabama pocket ?    I know you need to "dress around the gun "  but I'm not trying to buy new shorts etc.   I generally wear "boat" shorts or cargo shorts.   Do you need a larger sized pair of pants / shorts for the Alabama to fit nicely?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much did you guys have to,adjust your wardrobe for the Alabama pocket ?    I know you need to "dress around the gun "  but I'm not trying to buy new shorts etc.   I generally wear "boat" shorts or cargo shorts.   Do you need a larger sized pair of pants / shorts for the Alabama to fit nicely?
View Quote
I feel like it looks like I'm carrying a Gideon New Testament in my front pocket, but it is what it is. I think it's probably the thinnest holster I've seen for pocket carry.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2017 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm interested in this subject since I just got a 380 Bodyguard.  I've carried small and not-so-small pistols in a front pocket holster, and it will always look like there's something in your pocket.  I have my cell phone in one front pocket and "something else" in the other, and nobody's ever given me a second look.

What experience have folks had with the DeSantis Nemesis and Super Fly holsters?  I've used a WRB "sticky" front pocket holster quite comfortably - it's inexpensive, light, and works well.  But I'm wondering if it would be worth my time to investigate something by a "better known" holster company.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm interested in this subject since I just got a 380 Bodyguard.  I've carried small and not-so-small pistols in a front pocket holster, and it will always look like there's something in your pocket.  I have my cell phone in one front pocket and "something else" in the other, and nobody's ever given me a second look.

What experience have folks had with the DeSantis Nemesis and Super Fly holsters?  I've used a WRB "sticky" front pocket holster quite comfortably - it's inexpensive, light, and works well.  But I'm wondering if it would be worth my time to investigate something by a "better known" holster company.
View Quote
The Nemesis is very popular, I tried it first but just didn't care for it. The kydex Alabama Holster is noticeably thinner.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have the Nemesis for my BG, like it fine, carry it front right pocket, wish the exterior was a little more grippy, also wish the fit was a little more tight/secure, but for what it is, its a good little holster.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Most people wayyyyyy over think this especially for such a small pistol. The vast supermajority of the public does not pay enough attention to notice your gun even if the outline was clearly printing through tight pants.
View Quote
I totally agree.  Most people don't have the situational awareness to step out from under a falling piano.  They're not going to connect outlines in someone's clothing to anything because they're not going to notice those outlines.  They won't notice they're about to step in front of a bus - how could they notice something about someone else?
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:09:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I used to use a pocket holster.  Now I typically use an Uncle Mike's Size 10 IWB holster in the left (cross draw ) side of my pants.  Sometimes I'll have it in the right side 'small of back' position.  I'll also admit to having a fanny pack that has a built in holster.  I usually wear it in the 'belly bag' position when I want to carry extra mags and other stuff (snack bars, hand cleanser, sun glasses, etc.).

Best of luck with whatever you decide to pursue.

MHO, YMMV, etc.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I've been very happy with this. The outer flap is a very tacky material so it won't come out of your pocket when you pull the gun. When it's in your pocket, it just looks like a wallet as it completely covers the outline of the gun.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016600025/desantis-super-fly-holster
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've been very happy with this. The outer flap is a very tacky material so it won't come out of your pocket when you pull the gun. When it's in your pocket, it just looks like a wallet as it completely covers the outline of the gun.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016600025/desantis-super-fly-holster
View Quote
I have one of these as well and highly recommend it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top