Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2017 2:29:55 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

An early to mid 2000's 342PD. XS Big Dot Sight and Apex trigger kit - outstanding!

My ageing eyes really like the Big Dot and the Apex dropped the trigger pull to about 9 lbs

Carrying Gold Dot+P's
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I love it!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Did it help your shooting?  I painted my stock sight completely white and so far I like it.  I can't do a swap like you.  Mine is a 442.   I've debated doing the APEX kit but usually I lean on the side of caution when it comes to upgrades.  But my trigger is heavier than I'd like it.  

Very nice.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did it help your shooting?  I painted my stock sight completely white and so far I like it.  I can't do a swap like you.  Mine is a 442.   I've debated doing the APEX kit but usually I lean on the side of caution when it comes to upgrades.  But my trigger is heavier than I'd like it.  

Very nice.
View Quote
The Apex helped my shooting alot, although I'm still getting used to the new aiming with the XS Big Dot. I shot 5 or six different loads today, including a carry load, and had no malfunctions.

As light as the gun is, its not pleasant to shoot more than few +P loads.

I found a couple hundred rounds of old Federal Nyclad standard pressure rounds in my stash...I may try some in the gun (the Nyclads are really for my old Colt Cobra .38 Special)
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:53:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I don't shoot plus p in my 442.  I just start flinching bad after a couple of rounds.  Last time I went to the range I only caught myself flinching 1 time mildly.  But it was all standard pressure.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2017 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Big +1 on he Apex kit. I have them in several j-frames. I also like the Big Dot on my 340PD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top