Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2017 12:04:18 AM EDT
So I think I'm going to pick up a Shield before the rebates run out. Are the factory night sights that come on some models of the Shield any good? Anyone know what brand and model they actually are?

I'm looking at the Model 10086, 9mm with night sights and no safety.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:04:21 AM EDT
[#1]
The factory night sights on mine are made by trijicon but they have a different profile than the aftermarket sight they sell.

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine seem just fine in the dark.

grabagun.com had the best price I've seen on the night sight version.

It comes with 3 magazines too.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine seem just fine in the dark.

grabagun.com had the best price I've seen on the night sight version.

It comes with 3 magazines too.
View Quote
That's where I plan on ordering from. None of the local shops have one with the night sights in stock to look at.

Are they green inserts with white outlines like the Trijicon Bright & Tough night sights?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Factory night sights are ok, but I prefer the Trijicon HD night sights with orange front sight. I picked up a regular Shield 45 and replaced the sights myself. 
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#5]
They are green inserts with a white outline.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered 2 45 from grab a gun,  best price for me,  my non night sights are sharp as hell,  anyone else notice that?

they are the factory sights just white dots

while racking the slide i cut my thumb 
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 3:12:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I ordered 2 45 from grab a gun,  best price for me,  my non night sights are sharp as hell,  anyone else notice that?

they are the factory sights just white dots

while racking the slide i cut my thumb 
View Quote
Grab a Gun has it at $399.00, is that what you paid?
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#8]
It seemed like a no brainer to get the night sight model.  So far I'm pleased with them.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#9]
My 45 Shield with night sights was worth it to me.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 6:37:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It seemed like a no brainer to get the night sight model.  So far I'm pleased with them.
View Quote
This. For the price I paid, it just wasn't worth it to pay extra for different night sights (YMMV).

Tomac
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Factory night sights are ok, but I prefer the Trijicon HD night sights with orange front sight. I picked up a regular Shield 45 and replaced the sights myself. 
View Quote
I just put a pair of yellow HDs on my Shield 9. Love em. I run the HD XRs on everything else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top