Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2017 7:20:37 AM EDT
Got the 45 a few weeks ago and stippling felt great holding in hand. I put gun IWB and felt terrible against skin. I drank a few cocktails last night and took some fine grit sandpaper to knock the sharp tips off the stippling.  I can now carry this firearm without feeling like sandpaper rubbing off my skin.

Maybe I am just a wussy
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#1]
OP is no wuss. I had to do the same thing. taking it down a little at a time on the inboard side.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep I just knocked down inboard side.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep. Just picked up mine last week. I rolled some of the more aggressive spots down with a brass rod. GTG now.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I enjoy the exfoliating properties ....

Well, thinking of doing it too.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Debating this for my 2.0. But it feels so good in hand while shooting don't want to screw it up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Did the same on my Shield 45.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:02:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I didn't want to go that far, so I bought a bicycle tube and slid a piece of it over the grip.  Worked great, just had to make sure to cover the little extension that extends down behind the mag baseplate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top