Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2017 9:10:05 PM EDT
I asked this question in the Apex improvements thread a while back and got no response so I`ll try again here.
my fde 9mm 5inch has got a good trigger as is, but i really don`t like the hinged trigger they put in them, so I put in
a polymer Apex trigger that I had from another gun. the trigger break was so far back that the trigger was actually pressed
against the frame. there was absolutely no overtravel. the trigger had to be mashed against the back of the triggerguard opening
to fire the gun. there were no other mods, other than deleting the thumb safety. I have installed 4 of the DCAEK in other guns and
they all came out well. I don`t see how I could have screwed this up, but anythings possible.
does the Apex trigger for the 1.0 really work in the 2.0?
I reinstalled the original trigger and all is good, but I really like the Apex unit.
Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
buy something else
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 8:34:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I installed the apex polymer trigger in my FDE 5 inch a few weeks ago.  No other modifications but the trigger replacement. Mine is all the way to the rear also and stops right on the back top edge of the trigger guard just before it hits the stop when it releases the striker.  I am thinking about taking a file to the flashing on the back of the trigger just to clean it off.  I've only got a few hundred rounds through my M&P with the apex trigger.  It feels different but shoots fine.  David

Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The 2.0 trigger bar has no adjustment in it like the original due to the new sear trip design.  On an original, you could just spread the sear ramp loop a bit.

I had a spare FSS trigger from another original M&P and I milled down the rear profile a bit to get it to break properly in my 2.0.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I sent an email to Apex and got an answer in less than two hours. they said the polymer trigger if used in 2.0 has to have the 2dot Fully Machined Sear pn 100-063 to provide the added reach. the DCAEK for 2.0 is pn 100-126 at $120.

may have to wait til my birthday.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#5]
time for an update. just picked up my 2.0 from a local smith. he installed the sear and trigger I talked about, plus the Ameriglo CAP sights.
have not put a trigger pull gauge on it yet, but it feels damn sweet. won`t get a chance to burn powder til Saturday, but it looks like its gonna
be a real good shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top