Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2017 2:09:00 PM EDT
Have a 5" barrel, 9 mm Full Size that gives intermittent light primer strikes.   I may shoot 50 times without a problem or 10 or 30.  No consistency to the issue.  I've taken out the firing pin and run a swab through the plastic sleeve.  There doesn't seem to be any burrs.  I reload and use CCI primers for the most part.  You can visibly tell that the primer strike is lighter on the rounds that fail to fire.

Anyone else have this issue and find a cure?
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure your primers are seated correctly?

the only times I have had this issue with reloads is when the primer is not 100% seated and fires on the second strike.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Try factory ammo and see what happens before you start messing with things. There are a few possibilities, trigger bar loop, striker, striker channel, etc., after that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
How old is your pistol?  They upgraded the striker after about the first 2 years of production due to this issue. They will replace them for free if you call them.

Also, did you lube your striker?  If so, don't.  It's not supposed to have any lube and it can create light strikes once it starts to gum up.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 3:05:23 AM EDT
[#4]
The gun is only a year or a little more old.  Not sure when they "fixed" the problem guns but I believe this was probably after that time frame.  I don't think its a reloading issue.  I have a Shield and M&P compact.  Both of those guns will eat my reloads without fail.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Extra power striker spring from speed shooter supply.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:23:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Just got back to the topic.  looked -up Speed Shooter's.  I see the spring and getting ready to order.   Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top