Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2017 12:34:04 PM EDT
Quick update....I had an M&P PC pistol that was already running the Apex competition kit in.  It was good, but not something I would hand to somebody to really brag on

Two weeks ago, I decided to drop the Flat Face Forward Set Sear kit in. Choose the 3lb spring.

Simply put:  I will openly challenge anyone to show me a better trigger set up in a polymer pistol.  Period point blank.  It's phenomenal.

I shoot at an indoor league....I set a new personal best in the league on the very first try with that trigger setup.  I've been shooting that league for a while now....I've shot targets with custom Glocks, Springfields, FN's, HK's, etc.  nothing touched that M&P Setup.  

I took it with me to my USPSA match this last weekend....and was letting some of the guys fondle it.  Lots of "wow's" and quite a few "holy sheet!!!" Out of the competition crowd.  These are guys that are running 3 thousand dollar race guns...and they're impressed.  Side by side with my 5.25 XDM with the PRP Extreme Match kit....Apex was hands down the one guys like better.

Really...the only gripe is that given my immense love for it....I can't run it in Production class.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I just installed the flat faced kit in my core. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but dry firing it I'm not sure I'm sold on the flat trigger. The break feels good I've just never shot a flat trigger before.

what spring setup did you use? I'm using a stock trigger return spring and a Stryker spring from the comp aek kit that was previously installed on it. The 2 springs that came with the fss kit felt way to heavy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:09:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm running the 3lb spring that came with the FSS Kit

I shoot a lot of flat triggers on rifles so this was an easy transition for me
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:43:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy hell. The flat fss trigger is awesome. Finally got around to shooting my core after install. A lot better than the stock trigger.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:08:59 AM EDT
[#4]
The flat FSS trigger is like a bacon cheeseburger and sex good. I've got the semi curved 5.5 carry FSS kit coming for my carry gun. I can't wait to try it out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I installed an Apex kit and had a question about the reset. Is it always extremely faint or is there some way to get a more positive/audible click? Does the adjustment of the trigger bar loop affect this?
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I installed an Apex kit and had a question about the reset. Is it always extremely faint or is there some way to get a more positive/audible click? Does the adjustment of the trigger bar loop affect this?
View Quote
Which kit is this?

My AEK/Duty kit has a very nice, crisp reset

The FSS kit is much more faint

Apex offered a tactical reset assist piece....but I'm not sure which kits it's compatible with

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/695004/apex-tactical-reset-assist-mechanism-ram-s-and-w-m-and-p-steel

EDIT:  highly recommend calling Apex customer service if you have any questions.  They are awesome to work with.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:10:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes I have he FSS trigger kit. Ok I will give them a ring and see what they have to say
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes I have he FSS trigger kit. Ok I will give them a ring and see what they have to say
View Quote
The FSS kit will not have a very audiable or felt reset.
I have found that upgrading the trigger bar to the new "H" stamped bar and the slide stop to the new one with the bump have given all three of my pro series (2 had the trigger bars but none had the new slide stop) a very nice reset, including my CORE with the FSS kit.
The ram honestly has never impressed me, although I have it in all three guns.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Apex said this was normal of the reset with this kit. It will just take a little getting used to on my end,but wow the trigger is smooth with this kit. Much more enjoyable to shoot than the stock trigger.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Interestingly, I came to the S&W forum for the first time looking for exactly this type of conversation. I had the FSS kit installed in my M&P FS by a local gunsmith and initially had a lot of trouble with the trigger not resetting (during live fire only interestingly enough, dry fire and manual racking of the slide was 100% reliable). I emailed Apex, and their CS was outstanding. Quick, knowledgeable, helpful replies - they were great all the way through. They recommended that I take the pistol back to the gunsmith for another look, and that's what I did. Ultimately he said he had to take a little material off of the slide stop to smooth things out and fix the trigger reset issue, and it does seem to have fixed that. However, it turns out that that material came from the little bump on the gen 3 slide stop that I believe helps with a more tactile reset, so my reset is now almost imperceptible. I got back in touch with Apex, and they again were awesome, telling me the same as you. If I could do it all over again I would've liked the option to send my pistol off to Apex to have them do the work, as they clearly are the experts and probably would've tuned things better than my local guy, but I'm getting used to the missing reset. In the real world, especially with rapid fire, I don't notice it anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top