Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2017 10:26:34 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Shield 45 PC with night sights and ported barrel. I've gone the Apex route with four 9mm M&P's and am really happy, they feel like silk. Shooting I can tell the difference between the M&P 9's I have and the Shield 45 but the trigger doesn't feel that horrible on the Shield.

It was shooting left and I noticed the rear sight drifted left (not overlapping, but at the left slide edge) and I managed to recenter the rear sight using my M&P sight pusher, so I need to get it out and check sights again.

This will end up being my primary carry with a Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra Max.

Are the Apex upgrades still worth the $$ on the shield 45 Performance center model? Do the performance models have additional trigger work from S&W?

Looking for feedback and I didn't really see any other threads on this. Apologize if I missed other threads on the subject.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a PC Shield 45 and from factory I was registering a 6.5 lbs. trigger pull. I did install the Apex sear and AEK trigger and it now registers a consistent 4 lbs. All I installed was just the sear and AEK trigger and you can order these a la cart. No spring changes or safety plunger change. Yes, I wish the PC Shield had a better trigger but it is what it is. After shooting the pistol, I feel it was worth the extra $105.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a PC Shield 45 and from factory I was registering a 6.5 lbs. trigger pull. I did install the Apex sear and AEK trigger and it now registers a consistent 4 lbs. All I installed was just the sear and AEK trigger and you can order these a la cart. No spring changes or safety plunger change. Yes, I wish the PC Shield had a better trigger but it is what it is. After shooting the pistol, I feel it was worth the extra $105.
View Quote
Good to know
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top