Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2017 9:08:05 PM EDT
I found some LEO trade ins on AIM Surplus' website.  They still have some 40cals in stock-- wanted to get eveyrone's thoughts on purchasing one of these as a first pistol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]
most likely GTG.  Carried more than shot.
Most likely the trigger is crap.  
If you shoot a lot a apex trigger upgrade will be worth it.  If your going to leave it in the end table it will be a good gun too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up one of those last month and it was in excellent condition.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
My experience with several M&P police trade ins is that they clean up well.  Some had 14 pound triggers, really..  Prepare to spend 80$ on a new sear pack and an apex sear.  I have to agree all mp triggers suck, just some suck way more.  Not a hater, I have 5 but all have had surgery.  A used Glock trade in would be better.  Damn I hate to say that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:52:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out Summit Gun Broker.  They have a slightly better price, with two mags included.  Extra mags are $13 each.

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one a few months back, rear sights were completely dead front was bright, I could not hit the broad side of a barn with it...(extremely large groups) my friend bought one at the same time and his is a tack driver! local pawn shop had one marked Detroit PD for $350 I almost bought it.. but that first one I had still haunts me.. I'm hesitant.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought one a few months back, rear sights were completely dead front was bright, I could not hit the broad side of a barn with it...(extremely large groups) my friend bought one at the same time and his is a tack driver! local pawn shop had one marked Detroit PD for $350 I almost bought it.. but that first one I had still haunts me.. I'm hesitant.
View Quote
Detroit pd will have a 14 pound trigger.  I have one.  Unsuitable without mods.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a M&P9 police trade in last year from Bud's and I like it.  Mine was $349 and the 40's were about $309.  I got out of the 40 caliber game because factory ammo cost so much more than 9mm.  It seems that a lot of folks feel the same way and I think that is why the 40 cals are selling cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to all for the info. I had never heard of LEO trade ins until recently.  The 9mm does seem to run quite a bit cheaper than 40 S&W.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:32:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks to all for the info. I had never heard of LEO trade ins until recently.  The 9mm does seem to run quite a bit cheaper than 40 S&W.
View Quote
Link?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1SWMP40&name=Smith+%26+Wesson+M%26P+.40+S%26W+cal+Pistol&groupid=7952
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I picked up an older M&P 9mm off GB, came with four factory mags and very nice holster. Had the small backstrap only. 390.00 shipped. I paid about 20 bucks more than the aim guns, but I felt the holster was worth the 20 dollar bill. Put night sights on and will be taking her to the range this week. fyi-not much of any kind of reset on the trigger, so we shall see if I will be upgrading to the apex kit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I've bought 2 LE trade in M&P's from Bud's. 1 is a 9mm the other is a 40 cal. Both were in good shape.

My 11 year old son shoots USPSA with the 9mm and a stock trigger. He likes the factory trigger, maybe because he doesn't read gun forums.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#13]
I just bought an M&P 40 police trade-in.  Night sites are dim, but trigger is great at 5 pounds, reset seems fine.  Really tames the .40 which is too much in my Glock 27.  I hate to tell you what I paid, much less than above.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#14]
I have one, good pistol, good night sites, but you'll want to replace the sear pack.

I put a Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel in it, it's beem great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top