Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2017 9:50:31 AM EDT
Never thought id have one, but dammit PSA made me go and get a shield 9. So I have 2 questions for you gents after reading through the Apex thread up top.

1 - Looking at getting the action enhancement carry/duty full kit, but Flat trigger or Curved? The curved looks relatively straight to me, and it looks like the trigger safety sticks out further on the Flat faced so that may be uncomfortable.

And 2- Which sights are you guys running? I normally run HDs on my carry guns, and wondering if I should do the same for the Shield.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not own a shield but do own two M&Ps  a new 2.0 full size and the compact I have had since 2009.

I would suggest you shoot the gun for at least a couple months and make sure you have no issue with it. Then you can change it around and tell the difference. If you do have to send it back for what ever the reason you do not want to send it back to S&W with your Apex parts installed. I have read that they will remove them and you won't be getting them back.

For a concealed carry gun I feel the stock triggers are fine. But if you plan to use it for some paper punching then a Apex trigger would be money well spent. I would suggest you read a piece  THE LIGHT TRIGGER PULL ISSUE By Massad Ayoob. Before going with the Apex trigger on a conceal carry gun. And I am not saying you shouldn't go that rout but feel you should know all the facts about doing it. And I think Massad Ayoob is about the best at understanding and explaining the topic of your rights in a self defense shooting.

If this is of interest to you, I can get you a link. Warning its on another gun web site.

Just my .02 cents worth

[/URL][/img]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I appreciate the reply, and I am familiar with the concerns. I already have an aftermarket trigger in my carry gun, but it is not an overly light pull and retains all of the factory safeties.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:30:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Poll added, I cant figure out how to edit the title to reflect that but hopefully some of you guys will see it and chime in.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the flat apex trigger and really like it.  The spring on the trigger safety is light and you'll never know it there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry mine with the regular trigger and sights. The regular trigger feels a lot better than the old m&p ones imo.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies guys, I ended up going with the curved trigger because it looks like it may offer a little more room in the trigger guard for gloves or whatever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top