Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2017 7:49:05 PM EDT
Today I purchased a used S&W Model 41, SN 47364 (not an "A" prefix gun), and I'm trying to determine the date of manufacture. I called S&W customer service and they stated that they did not have records going back that far, and only repeated the same vague information of a serial number range produced from 1962 to 1969. This same date range/ serial number block is repeated across numerous forums and adds nothing to the information as it's repeated.

Is there a definitive on line resource that can provide a list of serial number manufacture dates for pre "A" prefix Model 41s?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I pulled out my 4th edition Catalog of S&W but it had no definitive numbers. It talks about the semi-auto serials starting at 1001 in 1954 and up to about 115,000 in 1970 but that included Models 39, 41, 44, 46 and 52. You could guesstimate around 1962 since yours is in the middle of that range but there is no telling with so many models included in that serial spread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top