Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2017 9:29:40 PM EDT
Please no comments that purely call Promag crap. I know. I owned one of their 32-round CZ75 mags and it lived up to its reputation. But the HK guys seems to like their HK33 magazines. I also have 3 S&W 8-round mags as 'serious use' mags until these specials are put through the ringer.

I married a Promag 10-round magazine for my Shield 9mm with a Magguts Zeespring and follower.

It cycled consecutively three times with no failures to feed at the range. 12+12+12. I'll need to do some more testing and convert the second promag 10-rounder I bought. But I'm delighted at how it works.

-Spring tension is less than the same magazine body with the original promag spring, or a S&W spring.

-A S&W Spring in this magazine body will comfortably hold 11 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
If they're going to fail, it'd probably be FTF in the first few rounds, last couple, or not locking back.

So I think we'll forgive you if you fire a couple rounds from each, top them off, repeat many times; if you are looking for a way to test these without going through tons of ammo.

Same thing with at the end, only load a couple rounds into each and fire until empty, see if feed and lock back.

It matters, at least to me, if they lock back reliably, as it'll save me an attempted tap-rack and slow my overall emergency reload time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
im using the 8 rd mag with hyve +2 base and +1 magguts for 11 +1 total.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#3]
For me, its in the land of Being able to justify something. I'll gladly spend the ammo to proof a Promag before I spend $30 on something to put on a $25 magazine to get me ten rounds. there was a company supposedly coming out with injection polymer +2 baseplates for the Shield, and I'll likely go with those when they come onto the market and sell the Promags.

[EDIT] It was Strike Industries. Received an email back today, they're revising the molds for the Shield baseplates and the rep gave me an estimate of three months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top