Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2017 6:15:40 AM EDT
I am looking at some sights for my M&P 2.0 and my Shield and can't decide between the Trijicon HD's and the Ameriglo Spartans. I have used both on Glock's and like the U notch of the HD's but I also like the Spartans as they are more the stock sight height compared to the HD's which were taller on my Glock's. I have been looking at the Ameriglo's and don not see the rear sight in a U notch version for the M&P full size but do see it for the Shield and was wondering if any of you know if Ameriglo makes the U notch rear for the full size M&P.  

How do the Ameriglo's compare to the HD's on the M&P's and what is any of your experience with using one of them or both of them as far as speed and shot placement and accuracy with them on the M&P?
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I swapped in HD's on my new 5" 2.0, had them on my 4.25 1.0.
I like them for speed and decent accuracy, the front is a bit wide for super precision but it works.

I'm curious if/when Ameriglo will offer the new "FBI" contract Defoor style sights for the M&P...
Similar to HD's, but lower and with a narrower front blade.

There's also the Trijicon HD XR's, which are just HD's with a slightly narrower front post. On my 5" slide, the standard HD front post doesn't seem overly wide, so I'll probably stick with it.

Ameriglo also offers the u-notch rears for the full size guns in I-dot (SW-401R) and black (SW-104R and SW-108PR).
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
RDTCU, you may have just saved me some money if you're saying that the XR version isn't necessary for the 5".  I can get the regular HDs for substantially cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RDTCU, you may have just saved me some money if you're saying that the XR version isn't necessary for the 5".  I can get the regular HDs for substantially cheaper.
View Quote

It's all personal preference, but i didn't see the need for my purposes.  For me poi was the same using the target hold or combat hold (front dot centered on target and centered in U notch) on my 5"
I did find some good prices on XRs on slick guns a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I am running Dawson co-witness Fiber optic front and blacked out rear on my 5" CORE

I am running Dawson fiber optic front and blacked out rear on my 4.25"

I am running the Ameriglo iDots on my 9c.

the F.O. is the snizzle!  It is only about $80 or so.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a set of Truglo TFX Pro, with a rear U notch, on my M&P9.  Good sights.  Just be careful w/ cleaners and the fibers.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw the U notch rear for the I dots and thought Ameriglo would offer the same rear sight for the full size. Those new style of Deefors look nice and yeah it will be interesting to see if they make them for the M&P.

I do like the rear sights with the U notch compared to the square cut rear sight as it seems that the square currently rear tends to cover the bottom of the front sight just a little. It seems the bottom part of the square sight channel should be cut just a tad lower.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:53:30 AM EDT
[#7]
10-8 rear and trijicon HD front.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:06:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I just put theTrijicon HD XR's in orange on my new Shield 45ACP.  I wanted something that would give me a little more accuracy. That little pistol is a tack driver and has a great trigger out of the box ...!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 11:48:23 AM EDT
[#9]
9, 9c, 45c. Heinie Straight Eight NS

Stock sights on my Shield 9
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah I looked around some more and just went with some Trijicon HD's with the yellow front as I like them more than the orange. I was trying to find some of the HD XR's but did not see any at some places I looked at for sale.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an AmeriGlo U notch fully serrated plain black sight on my fullsize paired with a Dawson Precision FO front, stupid short, 0.135" IIRC to get the POI up to POA, went a little to far for the 40 barrel with heavy slow USPSA loads, but it should be pretty good for the 357Sig, haven't bothered trying it yet.

Would've gone Dawson F&R but I like the U-notch and more importantly fully serrated.

I guess the I-dot is available u-notch too, and the only one as a set, kinda odd options.

ETA should've read first, it's all been covered.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Warren Tactical. Been using them for years.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Trijicon HD's. I put a set on my work gun and liked them so much man put a set on my Shield. Hands down, great sights!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I have Ameriglo sw-747 on my 45 shield. Haven't shot it yet to see were it prints
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#15]
10-8 Performance u-notch rear sight and Ameriglo hi-viz front sight.  The front is no longer hi-viz as the orange ring around the tritium vial popped out while shooting.  I'm debating on whether to replace it or try and repaint.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got a set of HiViz NiteSites for my Shield.

I didn't find replacing my C or FS sights to be that difficult (and used another brand), but the Sheild's rear sight was a pain. The front sight from HiViz slides right through, and will fall out if you tilt it on its side. Should have bought Trijicon haha.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:28:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Ameriglo I dot.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:57:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I think I'm about to put some Truglo TFX Pro's on my Shield.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:43:24 AM EDT
[#19]
XS Big Dots on my Shield
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#20]
My shield has Trijicon green/green sights on it. They are very bright and my eyes pick up on them quickly. I run the same on most my handguns which are a few M&P's and several Glocks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 4:58:54 AM EDT
[#21]
I put Trijicon HD's on both the 2.0 and the Shield and they are good to go. For some reason they will shoot POA/POI with no problem. When I had HD's on my Glock's they seem to want to shoot a tad high for some reason and I am not sure why. I don't know if it was just me or if has something to do with the way the slides are made.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:58:57 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm running the TFO sights on my M&P 9, I like the brightness during the day and at night they are quick.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:04:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
XS Big Dots on my Shield
View Quote
I have these on my 9c carry gun

Love them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top