Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2017 5:53:59 PM EDT
I have an Ruger LCP and would like to get a SW Bodyguard. Mostly because I want something new. How do y'all like yours?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one, and have used it as my carry piece since some time in the '90s.  Recently I looked into getting something with more rounds, a semi in 9mm.  But the single stack ones I looked at don't have much more capacity than my Smith and are a little heavier, or they have a lot more, but are substantially heavier.  In the end, I just ordered a new Galco holster with a little pocket for a speed loader and will stay with the Smith.  The Smith was still several ounces lighter than the lightest 9mm single stack I looked at.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Shooting it is fine.  It is remarkably accurate for such a short barrel.  If I am practicing with it and plan to shoot more than 40 or 50 rounds, I put on a shooting glove.  Keep the "tingles" away.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a sig p238 and a bodyguard. The Sig is infinitely better, but I do like the bodyguard a lot.

I would throw an aftermarket trigger and add the grip tape. Really my only complaint is the trigger is extremely long.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 7:28:39 PM EDT
[#4]
mine is fine. with a belt clip it disappears under summer clothes like shorts and a tee, its dependable and I hope strong enough (I carry it with Hornady Critical Defense ammo. no malfunctions so far
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I think some are confusing the Model 49 .38 SPL series, Bodyguard .38 SPL and .380 Bodyguard.  I haven't used the .380 Bodyguard but have the 649.  Another J frame that has the hump back to cock the hammer in SA mode if needed but normally functions as an enclosed hammer DA revolver.

CD
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:15:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I like it for what it is, a tiny pocket gun. It is very shootable for its size. Definitely the best shooting small gun I have ever tried. I've only had issues with light strikes with silver bear. It's as accurate as the 1911 I use to have.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:43:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Get a Kramer pocket holster.  No excuse to not have it with you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I have two.

One of them dislikes GECO (German brand) ball ammo.
Hard primers or light strikes.
The GECO fired on a second strike.

Both of them eat Hornady Critical Defense (and many brands of cheap ball ammo) just fine.

I don't practice with either of them much.
I've never used the sights or the safeties.

These guns are not target pistols.
If you try to shoot them like a target pistol, you will probably be unhappy.

When I do practice, I just point as fast as I can, and pull the trigger as hard as I can.
At close range.

Good enough for "get off me" work.

Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info. That was really helpful.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#11]
You already have an LCP,, I LOVE my bodyguard, had to sell it though,, but I will be getting another. In your case though, you already have a LCP,, theres no reason for a second sub compact pocket gun. UNLESS you already have all of the must have guns, then why not.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:53:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I absolutely love my BG.380. Very accurate for such a small gun and it's size to round capacity is great. I installed a a 'mag guts' spring kit in the magazine for an additional round

Nothing is wrong with the .380 round. I literally carry this gun in my person 100% of the time. At work as a back up and off duty everyday. Even when I decide to carry something else instead I'll still carry as a secondary.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 1:18:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I have number of assorted M&P's, but I have TWO Bodyguards.

They are great guns to write off and keep once in the car, another inside. I live in an apt, so I also keep one inside to toss in my pocket when taking out trash, or whatever.

Also the best option for running/biking, etc. Even fit good in those small elastic running bands.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the info gentleman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top