Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2017 1:28:13 PM EDT
Hey all,

I've decided to upgrade my LCP to a 9mm and I'm going with a shield. I shoot M&Ps and 1911s in competition, so this seems like a good way to go. I'm wondering if I should get the shield performance center or the regular version.

I like the idea of lightened slide, and have lighter slides on my competition and carry guns. But Not sure about ported barrels on carry guns. would hate to get crap in the barrel, but i will only be holstering, not pocket carry.

I don't like all the fiber optic sights, would prefer blacked out rear and a night sight or FO only on the front.

With that said, I'm seeing only an $80 between the 2 versions at Grab-a-Gun, which is local to me.

what was the determining factor when you got one, and what should I look for to decide between the 2?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 2:01:32 PM EDT
[#1]
the ported barrel will  blast filth all over your  front sight in short order.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the ported barrel will  blast filth all over your  front sight in short order.
View Quote

I have not experienced that problem with over 500 through my PC 9mm shield. However the inside of the frame and slide get very dirty up front at the ported area.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Performance model has the best striker fired trigger straight out of the factory.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 2:28:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Porting sucks on full sized pistols, let alone on subcompact carry pistols.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
No porting on a self defense pistol.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#6]
We must be neighbors, GaG is local to me too. I was looking at the Glock 43, but most of my friends are telling me to go with the shield since they all seem to shoot those better. I'm leaning towards going with the base version, since I'll be upgrading sights and the trigger stuff anyways. Be def no thumb safety.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top