Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2017 6:49:36 PM EDT
My BIL's father is dying from cancer. I'm the only gun guy in the family. I said I'd help out. Unfortunately he doesn't have a great selection. This old revolver looks nickel plated because there is some flaking. There is also some staining, seems like the nickel has some discoloration. It has the firing pin on the hammer. Can someone please tell me what this thing is worth. My other selection is an Iver Johnson 22. Great. Thanks.

Link Posted: 1/2/2017 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Model 10 in that shape probably $350 or a bit more?
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The nickel trigger and hammer show that the finish job was done after it left the factory. It looks like it had some pitting in the metal before it was refinished. If it is mechanically good and the bore is not toast I would say $300. If you are more interested in helping out than paying what it is actually worth then offer more.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#3]
First reply is correct.  His estimate is also correct.

SnW model 10  4" nickel plated 38 special 6 shot  important-it is pinned barrel.  Meaning the old style durable all steel frame ...................can't do anything about the nickel peeling off,  you can find a chrome polish abrasive and very lightly touch up the frosted sections to see it if polishes up.

Nickel looks like a million dollars until it gets scratched.  Then it looks like crap.   It gets dinged and the soft nickel starts to peel off.

The SnW revolver is by far a better gun than the 22 discussed.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Model 10 in that shape probably $350 or a bit more?
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 7:45:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
And the smith as a three screw frame is not that old - 3 screws were made from about 1962 to the late 80's
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top