Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2016 7:17:17 PM EDT
I have Trijicon sights on my M&P9 that are this model:Link except mine are orange and not yellow.

I seem to constantly run into a problem where instead of being able to lollipop my target on the top of the front sight, I need to aim much higher and actually cover the target to get an accurate hit. This happens as close as 7-10 yards. This isn't the gun or an accuracy problem as I've shot at many paper targets by covering the target with the gun and it groups every time.

Is this a known issue? Do I somehow have the wrong sights? Is it due to mainly shooting practice FMJ rounds like the Federal/Winchester stuff you can find everywhere, or is this sight practically too high or too low? I'd hate to have to use this in a real situation as in order to hit someone center mass, I'd practically have to aim for their head/cover the target from sight with the sights/gun.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag, I have a set of Trijis on my 9c and I'm not sure the front sight is the correct height. It shoots high at distance and I don't know why. It's still completely useable from ~15 yd. and in but past that if I'm trying to hit a man sized target I have to aim for the belt buckle to hit the COM. I don't like that, and it wasn't like that until I had the sights replaced.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tag, I have a set of Trijis on my 9c and I'm not sure the front sight is the correct height. It shoots high at distance and I don't know why. It's still completely useable from ~15 yd. and in but past that if I'm trying to hit a man sized target I have to aim for the belt buckle to hit the COM. I don't like that, and it wasn't like that until I had the sights replaced.
View Quote

Same problem but in reverse. I practically have to cover the target's head on a silhouette to get a COM shot even at 10 yards.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I cannot speak for the HD Night Sights [SA137] but the Tough & Bright night sights [SA73] here are perfect. Sights lined up covering my POA have me on target out to 20 yrds on a 6" diameter target if I do my part. This is shooting 147gr speer TMJ's

ETA: The trijicon sight does give the dimensions of the sights and there is a difference between the HD's & Bright & Tough's
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
It seems like most handgun sights you have to cover your target with your front sight. I don't have any problems with my Trijicon HD night sights on my M&P, hits what I aim at. I really like these sights actually. But yeah the bullet goes where my front sight dot is at if I do my part. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top