Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
shiiieetttttt.  of course it's after I just bought a new one last month and now have it all Gucci out. LOL

I wonder just want is different about it.  that slide lock on the left side looks odd.  

I do like the look of the stippling.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:10:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
shiiieetttttt.  of course it's after I just bought a new one last month and now have it all Gucci out. LOL

I wonder just want is different about it.  that slide lock on the left side looks odd.  

I do like the look of the stippling.
View Quote

No worries A96HondaAccordEX, you can avoid the early issues they usually have when they first drop a new gun.  Then buy it in a year.  

It looks great though.  It reminds me of the FNS.  A mix between an M&P and a FNS.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:53:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

No worries A96HondaAccordEX, you can avoid the early issues they usually have when they first drop a new gun.  Then buy it in a year.  

It looks great though.  It reminds me of the FNS.  A mix between an M&P and a FNS.
View Quote

the new CZ is interesting too.

So many guns. So little ammo and funds.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I hope they still use the same magazines. Curious what the cut outs in the front of the frame are for.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:59:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, yes, but what I want to know is...what is a 2.0 trigger going to be?

More or less mush? Apex type or sear and an actual reset that is audible when function checking it after re-assemblies?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like it has the Shield 45 grip texture, if so, I'm sold.  Sign me up for a 45 ACP or three.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:07:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hope they still use the same magazines. Curious what the cut outs in the front of the frame are for.
View Quote
There is a thread going on over in GD about this, too.  The consensus seems to be that the M2 may be a "modular" frame, like the SIG 320.  From the photos it looks like they repositioned the serial number to the front of the frame, and those cutouts are to display the serial number.  Don't know why they are on both sides - perhaps to show some other types of markings?
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is a thread going on over in GD about this, too.  The consensus seems to be that the M2 may be a "modular" frame, like the SIG 320.  From the photos it looks like they repositioned the serial number to the front of the frame, and those cutouts are to display the serial number.  Don't know why they are on both sides - perhaps to show some other types of markings?
View Quote

Yeah i just zoomed in and saw the serial number on the one side. My bet is modular as well. Ill be in line for one if they use the same magazines and fit in the same holsters. I think it looks great.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 6:18:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I think they look great, and are nicer looking  than those I already own, but I don't believe that they're modular and I'm guessing that they use the same magazines as the legacy models.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 1:42:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I truly hope they changed the way the barrel locks up.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm anxious to see it. So many questions. Full length guide rail? Fixed barrel lockup? Apex trigger parts capability? Is apex even needed anymore? Same magazine?  Serial number removed from frame and attached to FCG? Adding the .45, shield and compact models to the m2.0?

Due to the election I could not wait for the rumored m2.0. I'll probably pick up the fullsize 9 and compare it to my m&p with full apex and a stippled grip.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:35:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Dammit

I just bought 2 M&Ps yesterday.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks a 5 inch model as well as others. Been sitting on fence on these pistols. Maybe now will be the time to get one.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/12/17/smith-wesson-mp-m2-0/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheFirearmBlog+%28The+Firearm+Blog%29
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 5:02:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Look closely at the photos...QR code in the large square, and SN in the smaller. Could it be modular internals like P320?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Look closely at the photos...QR code in the large square, and SN in the smaller. Could it be modular internals like P320?
View Quote

The pins are still present in the frame near the trigger and grip tang. If the frame is modular it still might require tools to remove the chassis.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The pins are still present in the frame near the trigger and grip tang. If the frame is modular it still might require tools to remove the chassis.
View Quote

That would be a little dumb, but even the pins now are pretty damn easy to drive through to yank the guts.

If this gun is a product of the Army MHS, I could easily see the Army wanted tooled vs tool less...just spitballing
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Interesting. Explains why there have been some good deals on M&p 1.0's lately.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Neat, but nothing to make me want to sell my FS45. I would guess that that left side slide stop has something to do with the new trigger.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 7:20:26 AM EDT
[#20]
The only way I'm going to get excited about this is if they have a g19 sized one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#21]
One of the guys at the department was lucky enough to pick one (the only one) up at academy a few weeks ago. It is the 9L model in FDE. Over the last few days we have put 3K rounds through it with no cleaning. We haven't had one single malfunction using wolf and WWB. It shoots great, the trigger is a huge improvement and actually feels better than my Apex'd out M&P 9 pro 5". Now to get him to sell it to me. He paid well under $600 out the door. I have a G19 but hate the thing but do carry it often. This trigger in the 2.0 puts my G19 and apex'd M&P to shame.

I do have several contacts in the distribute side of firearms and a few of thous are heavy S&W dealers. Last word is, dont look for the main release anytime soon as they have yet to see any paperwork on it. late 2017 is what many in the industry is looking at for a release.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
One of the guys at the department was lucky enough to pick one (the only one) up at academy a few weeks ago. It is the 9L model in FDE. Over the last few days we have put 3K rounds through it with no cleaning. We haven't had one single malfunction using wolf and WWB. It shoots great, the trigger is a huge improvement and actually feels better than my Apex'd out M&P 9 pro 5". Now to get him to sell it to me. He paid well under $600 out the door. I have a G19 but hate the thing but do carry it often. This trigger in the 2.0 puts my G19 and apex'd M&P to shame.

I do have several contacts in the distribute side of firearms and a few of thous are heavy S&W dealers. Last word is, dont look for the main release anytime soon as they have yet to see any paperwork on it. late 2017 is what many in the industry is looking at for a release.
View Quote

Did you shoot it for groups at 25yds?  If so, how did it do?

What's the deal with the dingus in front of the slide stop?
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 3:04:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I was set on trying out the new CZ P10C, and then this comes out

I'm really curious about the trigger. The Guns America "review" didn't even touch on the trigger differences.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#25]
The review really does not tell us anything unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I was set on trying out the new CZ P10C, and then this comes out

I'm really curious about the trigger. The Guns America "review" didn't even touch on the trigger differences.
View Quote

Thought it mentioned the trigger in the M.2 is just the Pro series trigger.

I hope that is not the case.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice, I see the stupid beaver tail is gone!  First thing I did to my m&p9 while waiting for a Apex trigger was remove that stupid honking tail.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Got a 5" 9mm in FDE 4.25" coming my way.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:13:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Nice, I see the stupid beaver tail is gone!  First thing I did to my m&p9 while waiting for a Apex trigger was remove that stupid honking tail.
View Quote

I liked the beavertail. Maybe they could have appeased both camps with a short one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

Cut off wheel, hand file to profile it  and some light sanding to smooth.  Turned out fine and looks stock.  Total time was less than 5 minutes.

I hated that beaver tail.  It serves no purpose for me- I don't have fat hands and the backstrap is deep for the web of my hand.  way to big.  I've only been bit by a slide on a 1911 once.  It was a basic a1 and I use a thumbs forward high grip...  got me once, changed my grip and kept going.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:17:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Double tap

Yes, a shorter/smaller beaver tail would have been better.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:27:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Double tap

Yes, a shorter/smaller beaver tail would have been better.
View Quote

I have decent sized meat hooks and get a high grip so getting cut by pistols is all too common. The M&P is one of the few that hasn't bitten me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:42:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I literally have ZERO interest in this right now. I didn't see a single 14-15+1 listing..

Smith...listen up... we NEED a g19 sized M&P.

CZ p10c or 320c here i come.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Got a 5" 9mm in FDE coming my way.  
View Quote

Me 2.  Owe wait, my LGS had one and I'm going to shoot it in the am.  
5" fde manwell safety 9mm.  
Magazines look the same as the 1.0 version but for the follower is different.  
Now the first M&P I owned wasn't very accurate, but it functioned 100%.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#36]
I wonder if 10-8 will be making a mag well.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#37]
C someone confirm modularity of the fire control group?

V
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
C someone confirm modularity of the fire control group?

V
View Quote

In that guns america review it didn't appear to have a modular FCU
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Black w/no safety in stock at Grabagun for $449 (plus $7.99 shipping).
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The only way I'm going to get excited about this is if they have a g19 sized one.
View Quote

Bingo.  I'd be all in with that.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#44]
There is a pretty lengthy video review on Brownell's bookface page if anyone cares to watch. It covers the new series pretty well.

My takeaway is the 2 0 is really not a 2.0 but rather a A1. It has some minor ergonomic changes and supposedly tighter tolerances but otherwise is unchanged. No modular chassis.

Hopefully this link will work
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Black w/no safety in stock at Grabagun for $449 (plus $7.99 shipping).
View Quote

They have the Tan 5" 9mm version in stock right now for the same price. $449
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There is a pretty lengthy video review on Brownell's bookface page if anyone cares to watch. It covers the new series pretty well.

My takeaway is the 2 0 is really not a 2.0 but rather a A1. It has some minor ergonomic changes and supposedly tighter tolerances but otherwise is unchanged. No modular chassis.
View Quote

Did they talk about the trigger? Is it just the pro series trigger?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Hopefully this link will work
View Quote

I watched long enough to find out a few things.

That little button in front of the slide stop is more of the slide stop....

Also they removed my favorite feature..... When you slam the mag in the slide no longer goes into battery.
I wont be buying a 2.0 if this cannot be reverted.

I LOVE the fact I can release the slide by being a bit firm with a mag insert.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Well I braved the "Polar Vortex".
And went out and shot mine.  
fde 5" with safety btw.  No it isn't modular.
I had 3 oem extra mags and a Promag junker.  About 125 rounds.  Independence aluminum cased fmj, really just cci blazer, opened box of 100.  And 50 Geco 124gr.
One premature slide lock with the projunk on the last round.  Not sure why just the pro mag I guess.
Other than that it shot good no function issues with the new mags and leftover old oem ones.  
I did strip it and wipe the grease off last night though.  Used mobile 1 5-20 synthetic as a lube.  
Let the thing freeze then blazed away.  Hop back in the truck to warm up.  Targets were just rocks n other junk.
It is colder than a well diggers ahhs in the Klondike.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Did you shoot it for groups at 25yds?  If so, how did it do?

What's the deal with the dingus in front of the slide stop?
View Quote

Very well but we mainly ran it IDPA settings. My LGS ordered the 45acp model for me this morning. I should have it in 48 hours to see how well it does suppressed. Most of the dealers have the dealer shows coming up next week. hopefully we will hear about a release date on the compact 2.0

To the persons asking about the cut out on the dust cover, from what I could tell its because it runs a full aluminum block under the polymer
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:29:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Agree with below, still wondering when Smith and Wesson will listen.

Quoted:
I literally have ZERO interest in this right now. I didn't see a single 14-15+1 listing..

Smith...listen up... we NEED a g19 sized M&P.

CZ p10c or 320c here i come.
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top