Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2016 4:06:28 PM EDT
So on my daily carry bodygaurd. (About 2 months old maybe 250rnds thru it) when I'm at the range shooting I'll get 5-10 out of 50 where I will pull the trigger. Hammer cycles and seems normal but the gun doesn't go off.  Pull the trigger again and bang.  Haven't had it happen twice in a row and always seems to work fine on second trigger pull.  Just wondering if there's anything to check/ look for.  I haven only shot blazer ammo because I got a dozen boxs for free.   Kinda makes me nervous on a daily carry gun. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say try diff ammo. My body guard will jam like crazy on fiottchi ammo and my buddies runs it fine.  Best I can do with mine was find ammo it liked and only use that for carry.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Not the first time i've heard of light strike issues with Blazer in a BG.

So as the poster above suggests, try a different ammo.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 12:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not the first time i've heard of light strike issues with Blazer in a BG.

So as the poster above suggests, try a different ammo.
View Quote

I'm gonna go to the range tomorrow and give it a go with diff ammo I will update. Thanks for the input guys
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm gonna go to the range tomorrow and give it a go with diff ammo I will update. Thanks for the input guys
View Quote

Yes, please let us know how it went.

I'm new to these bodyguards as well. Fortunately, I've had zero issues in my first 150 rounds.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you putting any oil in the firing pin channel?
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are you putting any oil in the firing pin channel?
View Quote

I haven't put oil in firing pin Channel I will try that also.  And I haven't made it to the range yet to test different ammo.  I have noticed a decent amount of pocket lint coming out of the hammer area when firing first round at he range.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I haven't put oil in firing pin Channel I will try that also.  And I haven't made it to the range yet to test different ammo.  I have noticed a decent amount of pocket lint coming out of the hammer area when firing first round at he range.
View Quote

You do NOT want any oil in the firing pin channel. This can cause light strikes.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Hickok45 on youtube had a ludicrous number of light strikes with the bodyguard. I was very interested in the weapon until I saw that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Mine would do that with Armscor ammo really bad. I had some Golden Sabres it worked with OK. I want to say it worked OK with Rem. green box too.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:19:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I guess I'm lucky then.

So far, no issues with federal, aguila, american gunner, precision one, ppu, underwood....
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine has only done it with silver bear and PPU. PMC Bronze, Gold dot and Critical Defense are fine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#13]
It's a known problem.  They will fix it.  They fixed both of mine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Why do you carry a gun that you only have 250 rounds through?
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 2:19:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do tell.
Whats the magic #?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Seeing I just got my concealed carry permit in the last few months and I had obligations(Xmas) so I couldn't dump thousands of rounds at the range.  Would I be better off not carrying at all until I've reached your magic number.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#17]
It is definitely ammo related, even more its primer related

When I first started reloading for my bodyguard  I used Winchester primers. I had light strikes a lot! I switched to federal primers and have not had a single light strike since then.

I use cci primers for everything now except 380, I still stick with federal primers because they're known to be softer.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I went to a new range with my wife over the weekend so she could get some time with her Bodyguard.  We used some cheap .380 ball for the most part and it was wonderful for practicing failure drills.  When we switched to Hornady FTX ammo the problem magically disappeared.  It's 100% with good ammo, not so much with the cheap stuff. 

We didn't have any light strikes but lots of FTF on the last round.  Remington green box doesn't do it but I believe we used some Tula and it was horrible. 

Yeah, at this point I'd bet her life on the Bodyguard with good ammo. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top