Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2016 7:01:24 PM EDT
I just bought a Model 57 .41 Magnum nickel-plated 8-3/8".  The SN is N3905xx.  Can someone please look this up in the S&W ref. book and let me know what year it was most likely made in?  The first handgun I ever bought was a similar gun (but in blue) back in 1976, but I later traded it for a Model 29 and wished I had kept it.  Now I finally have another one.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:33:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Rimfire central has a thread on S&W manufacture dates.  Model 57 was started in 1964 and 57-1 started in 1982.  Maybe someone else will chime in.  

By looking at previous threads on other forums I'd guess your model 57 is late 70's maybe early 80's just prior to 57-1.  Maybe someone else will have a more definitive answer.  I know the model 57 had lower volume compared to other N frames so it might be worth contacting S&W and pay to find out the ship date.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top