Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/23/2016 11:14:02 PM EDT
I just got a trigger kit in and and disassembled the gun but for some reason the APEX pre installed pin will not budge. I've been willing on it with a hammer and it won't seat. Is this normal? I'm planning on putting it in a vice to press fit tomorrow. Some videos I've watched make it look easy to press in do I have a QC issue to be concerned with?

Green spring or silver spring? This thing came with zero directions or guidance on what was what.
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 7:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure the trigger bar is aligned correctly?  Does it rotate freely?
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Look on YouTube for instructions and shit.

The green spring is the heavier of the two. Just look on the apex website description for the kit and it'll explain which spring is which
Link Posted: 11/24/2016 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought two of the kits.

If you are talking about the pin in the actual trigger, it can be a bitch to press to the end of the bar.

The first one was not too bad, some hammer taps and in it went,

The second one was a M F'er!!!

I finally put the bitch in a vise and threw caution to the wind!! Took a good GD bit of torque. Once it moved a mm or 2, it slid right in.

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The cice pressed the pin in, now I cant seem to set the trigger bar into the sear assembly correctly. When I start getting it back together its all jammed up and the trigger wont rotate and the bar has a lot of tension on it with nowhere to go. Ive watched a ton of youru e videos and only found one anywhere near useful its like theres something easy i'm missing and everyone takes for granted.

Link Posted: 11/25/2016 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The cice pressed the pin in, now I cant seem to set the trigger bar into the sear assembly correctly. When I start getting it back together its all jammed up and the trigger wont rotate and the bar has a lot of tension on it with nowhere to go. Ive watched a ton of youru e videos and only found one anywhere near useful its like theres something easy i'm missing and everyone takes for granted.

View Quote

post some pix so we can see what you are doing wrong.

I am guessing you do not have the bar in the slot on the sear....or correctly anyways.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#6]
updates?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Got it worked out today, issue was the safety button, was not in the correct location to allow the pin below the sear to move out of the trigger bar's way.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#8]
ah good....how do you like the kit?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:52:17 PM EDT
[#9]
So much better, every factory trigger I've felt feels like it has grit in the pull, now it's a clean break and I kept the factory spring on the trigger so it's fairly light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top