BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2016 5:51:31 AM EDT
Don't see any mention of this
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#1]
hmm, I guess not that popular.

Well, let me get a broader opinion.

How do you like your full size M&P 9?  I'm looking for a potential replacement for a VP9 Tactical.  I like the VP9, but do not love it due to my ergonomic preferences.

I've fired a M&P 9c a few times.  How does the fullsize compare to the Compact?
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How do you like your full size M&P 9?  I'm looking for a potential replacement for a VP9 Tactical.  I like the VP9, but do not love it due to my ergonomic preferences.

View Quote

same, just a smaller grip...serious.

Even the 5" feels the same

I would say if you are going for a can, get the CORE version, with the threaded BBL.
Betting Grab A Gun has the best prices in TX
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 8:58:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm happy with M&Ps overall and use one as a suppressor host occasionally.  I shoot my M&P22 pistol suppressed 90% of the time.
I have a 5" CORE in 40 but 9mm threaded conversion barrel yet.  That'll be a great suppressor host.

That all being said, I've never held a VP9.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I like it.

Storm lake threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I would say if you are going for a can, get the CORE version, with the threaded BBL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As in shooting it? I would think the full size would shoot a bit smoother. And really, I don't care for the ports...
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:29:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

As in shooting it? I would think the full size would shoot a bit smoother. And really, I don't care for the ports...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have shot/owned Glocks. 17 and the 26. They felt almost the same, and when shooting.

My 5" CORE and 4.25 STD M&P feel the same when shooting, well, except for the triggers are very different(both OEM). I may get the 9c, still not sure.....but I probably will.
I would assume they all would be very similar, except for the Shield, which I have no intentions on buying.
These are all in 9mm, btw.

OH, sorry, my RIF skills suck. There is no CORE 9C AND...not all CORE models are ported or threaded.

If It were me, and I was going to turn one into a host, I would get the CORE in either length, already threaded.
The sights are suppressor height right out of the box
You can and a micro dot with no milling

JMHO  

OH, and budget in for an APEX trigger kit....especially if you are used to a 1911
Mine is due in tomorrow, we'll see how well it works, and I am not sure which one I am going to put it in.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have shot/owned Glocks. 17 and the 26. They felt almost the same, and when shooting.

My 5" CORE and 4.25 STD M&P feel the same when shooting, well, except for the triggers are very different(both OEM). I may get the 9c, still not sure.....but I probably will.
I would assume they all would be very similar, except for the Shield, which I have no intentions on buying.

OH, sorry, my RIF skills suck. There is no CORE 9C AND...not all CORE models are ported or threaded.

If It were me, and I was going to turn one into a host, I would get the CORE in either length, already threaded.

JMHO  

OH, and budget in for an APEX trigger kit....especially if you are used to a 1911
Mine is due in tomorrow, we'll see how well it works, and I am not sure which one I am going to put it in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JMHO  

Oh, dint know. Found it after searching. M&P SW10268

s&w website is organization is kinda clutter.

I have zero needs for the cut out besides maybe weight loss? Lol.

My thought process is get the standard model with threaded barrel kit. Then add APEX to it.

That CORE goes for about $720. I can get the other model for $560. Use the difference for the Apex.

I do like the look of the Core's back grip. Looks more grippy.

*edit*

Just got back from the range.  Rented their m&p 9.  They make you use their range ammo, which is the Federal "Range" version.

Either that firearm is loose as the corner hooker and/or that Federal is way underpower, but it shoots as smooth as glass.  Still accurate too.  Was popping off shots quickly right on target.  The grip doesn't feel as nice as the VP9, but the way it handles, makes up for it IMO.  The trigger was also decent.  It was a nice light trigger. Break a bit soft.  Reset almost non- existent.   Not terrible, but workable.  Again, nothing an Apex can't fix IMO.

Only fired off 50 rounds, 3 magazines worth.

No malfunctions.  Locked back each time.  The slide release/lock.  It's out of the way so no accidently touch for last round.  But I find it a bit too out of the way.  I have to change my grip slightly to reach with my thumb to release the slide.  Maybe if it was just 1/8" back, my thumbs would still be out of the way and I can reach it with better ease.  Overall, I like shooting with this style lock/release over the VP9s.  Now I find the VP9s easier to manipulate to lock back the slide and to release, since it's so HUGE and comes back so far.  But there lies the problem with accidently riding the slide lock.

Hmmmm, I think I may have found a new full size.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#8]
I got my core for $700 OTD, that price, you have, is high.

Grabagun has them for 640 something.

STD was  $415

9c was $479

Mags are $24

Get the CORE

DO IT DO IT NOW!
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

STD was  $415

9c was $479

Mags are $24

Get the CORE

DO IT DO IT NOW!
View Quote

I was looking at the models with the threaded barrel kit.  I also factor in FFL fees if I'm buying it online.  Best offering I've found compared online to local is a saving of about $20 and saving myself 1 hour round trip driving.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 7:34:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I was looking at the models with the threaded barrel kit.  I also factor in FFL fees if I'm buying it online.  Best offering I've found compared online to local is a saving of about $20 and saving myself 1 hour round trip driving.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

STD was  $415

9c was $479

Mags are $24

Get the CORE

DO IT DO IT NOW!

I am pretty lucky, in that Grab A gun is 18 miles from me, and it is 3 miles from one of my  clients. I try not to visit that client too often
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a full size M&P 9 with a Storm Lake threaded barrel, an APEX DCAEK and RAM, plus Dawson Precision tritium suppressor height sights.  It has run flawlessly with & without my TiRant 9mm can.  That said, I've only run a few hundred rounds through it in this exact configuration, but the gun is close to 2k rounds so far and it's behaved well.

I want to add a 5" Performance Center 9mm eventually (exclusively for unsuppressed shooting) but I'm not there yet.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a full size M&P 9 with a Storm Lake threaded barrel, an APEX DCAEK and RAM, plus Dawson Precision tritium suppressor height sights.  It has run flawlessly with & without my TiRant 9mm can.  That said, I've only run a few hundred rounds through it in this exact configuration, but the gun is close to 2k rounds so far and it's behaved well.

I want to add a 5" Performance Center 9mm eventually (exclusively for unsuppressed shooting) but I'm not there yet.
View Quote

I like these M&Ps so much I sold a Kimber to get another....now I want a 3rd.....gotta wait to see what the bonus is first, a new AR is in the works for that $.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I have both a vp9 and a pc 40l.  I love the grip on my vp9, trigger, and shoot it better than the mp.  I run an Obsidian on my mp9 long slide using a kkm conversion barrel and it is a great host.  I only get hit in the face when the bolt locks back on a empty magazine and that is not all the time.  I like the rmr on it as hit helps me shoot better groups at longer ranges then my vp9 with trijicon hds; very course sights.  I have run both pistols in defensive handgun classes and both were reliable.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I like my M&P9 FS. Make sure you get the APEX trigger kit, the OEM trigger is . My only complaint is spare parts aren't as readily available as for Glock, you can get them but you have to keep an eye on the vendors that sell them because stuff sells out fast.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like my M&P9 FS. Make sure you get the APEX trigger kit, the OEM trigger is . My only complaint is spare parts aren't as readily available as for Glock, you can get them but you have to keep an eye on the vendors that sell them because stuff sells out fast.
View Quote

Got my 4.25 Apex installed.
Picked up the set forward kit......WORLD of difference!
Went from 3-5 MOA to 1-2 MOA
Also stuck on some Ameriglos. Not even teh same pistol

This morning, I ordered the same Kit for the 5" CORE.

I think I am happy.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#16]

My M&P9 with factory threaded barrel.  I also added the Apex polymer trigger and duty/carry kit. Performs better suppressed than my Gen3 Glock 17.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top