Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2016 5:47:24 PM EDT
Really considering getting another M&P to keep the Shield company . Would be for HD/SHTF use...Full size a no brainer for this role? My LGS has the FS for 379- and the C for 399-.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Full size for home defense and range gun and SHTF and stuff. Compacts for conceal carry.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
No issues with current production FS 9's? Seem to be a bargain for 379-...
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Really considering getting another M&P to keep the Shield company . Would be for HD/SHTF use...Full size a no brainer for this role? My LGS has the FS for 379- and the C for 399-.
View Quote

FS is absolutely a no-brainer for your intended use.

Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#4]
My FS is only a few months old. No issues. 500 trouble free rounds so far. Don't think I've cleaned it since the day I got it either.

However, I almost always prefer a compact gun to a full size. Only reason I didn't get a compact is because this is eventually going to be a duty gun. I'm not ready to step away from my Glock 21 yet. I just shoot it too well.

Even the compact makes a great HD gun. Can run bigger mags and still has a light rail. The bonus is it makes an excellent carry gun. Since switching to appendix I have basically no need for a single stack.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top