Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2016 12:13:48 PM EDT
I'm looking for some aluminum base plate extensions similar to the ones you can find for the M&P full size extensions.  I see some that are +3 to +6 for the M&P full sized.  

Anyone know of anyone making these??
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I  was just  looking  at   HYVE  ?   technologies, they  seemed  decent.   They   have a +1 and +2   for the  Shield  9mm.  Google   should bring them up  and  I think  youtube  .   Havent  seen them in   hand.   Just  starting to  see  what  options  there are  for a shield.

thinking 9mm  or  45--   basically  cause  9mm  is  cheaper  these  days...

hth
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!!!  That was the one I was looking for.  I knew it sounded Resident Evil like but all I could think of was Umbrella Corp.  The Hive lol.  I saw them on Pintrest or Instagram and wasn't able to find them again  

I would just like to have a spare higher capacity mag.  I carry with the flush mag, but would like to use it as a BUG in the house when home.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem,  was  thinking the  same  thing  all Umbrella  like.   I  like that  it can  make it  a 10 round  mag, almost  like a slim  M&P  compact  for the  restricted  states  that  can't  be trusted,  LOL

glad  to help
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, Wolff makes +5% mag spring for the 9/40 shield. I use one for my Hyve mag extensions.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 2 of the HYVE +2 for my Shield.  Gives you 10 rounds in the mag and it's not too much longer than the OEM 8 rmd mags.  I have about 250 rounds through the 2 mags I have with the +2's and have had 0 malfunctions.  

I also have large hands, and while I can shoot my Shield just fine with the 7 or 8 rnd mags, the little bit of extra length with the +2 helps.  I also have not found it any harder to conceal my Shield with the +2's on.

They do use the stock mag springs.  The 10th rounds can be a little tight to get in, but not terribly hard. So far I like them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top