Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2016 10:58:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure why, but I want one of these in the worst way.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh...no interest.  I have a .40C and I can't remember the last time I shot it.  Maybe it's me, but .45 acp in a ccw just doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:56:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Makes two of us.

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Have 2 ( 9mm & 45 ), carry both in IWB holsters and they both shoot darn near the same. I do loose one round in the 45 mag.

From a CCW perspective i have found the Shield is the most comfortable and I grab them more often than my SR9c or XDs in 45.

When the weather cools off and i can wear a sweatshirt or jacket i go to a full size pistol in an OWB holster as it is much more comfortable in the truck seat and while working.

I have found that this pistol either fits you well when shooting or doesnt, not much middle ground on comfort on the grip when shooting.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:02:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Been carrying mine for a few weeks now. Its a wonderful little pistol. My only complaint, the grip texture maybe too good, If I don't wear an undershirt--the texture will sand a damn hole in my skin! My stealthgear onyx keeps it really tight to my body and it disappears.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:05:30 AM EDT
[#7]
How's the recoil? I wonder what some +P loads would be like.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've put a few rounds of Hornady Critical Duty +P through mine. Recoil is fairly snappy but not unmanageable.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:23:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

its snappy with +P loads, completely manageable with everything else.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Although a big S&W fan, this is my first experience with the M&P line.  I deliberately took the .45 to the range and fired it without cleaning, just a quick barrel swab. Pretty impressive, and no malfunctions now after what must be by now 400 rounds. High EDC possibilities with it after I find a proper holster.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Although a big S&W fan, this is my first experience with the M&P line.  I deliberately took the .45 to the range and fired it without cleaning, just a quick barrel swab. Pretty impressive, and no malfunctions now after what must be by now 400 rounds. High EDC possibilities with it after I find a proper holster.
View Quote

Checkout the stealthgear line, amazingly comfortable.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I had the opportunity to shoot one yesterday. Buddy beat me to it at the local shop. Fantasically
It is an excellent pistol and the Grip is probably the finest stippling ever done by a manufacturer to date.
I love an Aggressive Grip! Its about time someone starting doing this as a production grip. Now I wish they would start offering it on All the M&P's

sgw, try grabbing it with your "man hands" next time....

cp
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I had the opportunity to shoot one yesterday. Buddy beat me to it at the local shop. Fantasically
It is an excellent pistol and the Grip is probably the finest stippling ever done by a manufacturer to date.
I love an Aggressive Grip! Its about time someone starting doing this as a production grip. Now I wish they would start offering it on All the M&P's

sgw, try grabbing it with your "man hands" next time....

cp
View Quote

No problem shooting it...at all. Only issue I have with the Gun, the highly awesome factory stippling, is rough on the bare skin of your body, Hands fine...delicate non exposed to the weather side of body skin..a wee bit rough!
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:26:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I thought you RI boys were tough?
Just messing. I get it.
Good shooting!
Cp
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Guess I have to get one now.

With "aftermarket" stippling so popular, I hope more manufactures take note.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Guess I have to get one now.

With "aftermarket" stippling so popular, I hope more manufactures take note.
View Quote

All I care about is S&W taking note, but well said....
cp
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#17]
I just got an M&P Shield havent shot it yet but man is it great to carry a big bore pistol in comfort.Im used to either a Kimber Custom Tactical HD or a Glock 21SF 45.This is just great trying to shoot it this week.Then Im going to buy a Kydex holster and extra mags and more ammo.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 6:51:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just got an M&P Shield havent shot it yet but man is it great to carry a big bore pistol in comfort.Im used to either a Kimber Custom Tactical HD or a Glock 21SF 45.This is just great trying to shoot it this week.Then Im going to buy a Kydex holster and extra mags and more ammo.
View Quote

Yes Sir, same capacity of a 1911, weighing in at 22oz.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 9:29:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Sure is comfortable to carry.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#20]
I just bought one about 5 min ago from the PX.  $359 out the door!

I CAN'T wait to shoot it!  I have the 9 and 40 so I HAD to have the 45.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a steal! I thought the 405 I paid for mine was good!
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are selling them regular price at $389.  Today they had a sale!
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 3:20:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You deserve every deal you get Marine! Thanks for your service!
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Well Ive shot my Shield 45acp.Man I love it shot at 7 yrds ,15,25 accurate recoil very managable just a great gun.Put the Glock and 1911 away.Now I have to find a holster for it.A big bore thin as a 9mm.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I highly recommend the stealth gear onyx.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#26]
For those carrying the shield 45, a note, the mag release button backer located on the right side of the pistol is made by of steel, and will rust!

Doing my weekly cleaning and noticed rust, figured that part was polymer..I thought wrong!
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 12:56:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For those carrying the shield 45, a note, the mag release button backer located on the right side of the pistol is made by of steel, and will rust!

Doing my weekly cleaning and noticed rust, figured that part was polymer..I thought wrong!
View Quote

Damn, I was hoping they would fix that issue. I had the same problem with my shield 9mm. I will have to look into that before I commit to buying it
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#28]
I bought a Shield 45 last week and took it to the range today. It shoots very accurately and the recoil is about the same as my LW Commander 1911s. It's just a mild push backward not a lot of muzzle rise. I like my EDC gun to have 4lb triggers and the 45 Shield comes in at about 6lbs. Not horrible but more than I like. It weighs 10oz less than my LW 45 and 9mm commanders. I shot 250 rounds thru it today 28rds of 185gr JHP bulk ammo. And then shot the rest with 230 FMJ WWB and bulk reloaded ammo. It never had a problem with any of the ammo. So It's like my 9mm Shield, takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!!  I like it very much. When my back gives me a bad time I can now carry a 45!! The other good thing is it fits my Shield 9mm holsters just fine!!  Here's a couple of my better targets. It's a lot more accurate than I can shoot!!!  Both target were at about 25ft.

</a>" />

</a>" />
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top