Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2016 10:44:51 PM EDT
Wanted a judge because of price, like the governor better, but couldn't bring myself to spend that much.

Now I have a chance to buy a slightly used governor for $550. It's the black one with the night sight. Has the box and papers, but is missing the moon clips.

Should I fo, or no? I've really been wanting a .357 for the last few months, but have always wanted a Judge mainly because of the price. I'd eventually like to pair the governor with a 45lc lever gun.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, why not!  You could do a lot worse than the Gov for HD, and I love wheel guns. If pressed however, I would probably punch up for a snub .357 in 7/8 round capacity.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as you are using it as a fun gun sure; if you want a SD gun I'd rather have the .357.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I own a Governor. I have had it for a couple years now. It is a well built, niche purpose gun. I bought mine as a snake gun for canoeing the inland waters of Florida. It excels in that capacity. I keep it in a DeSantis shoulder holster under a fishing vest and barely know it is there. A #9 shot .410 load will do the job on a Cottonmouth without penetrating the hull of my old Grumman canoe. I usually load it with four rounds of .410 bird/snake shot followed by two rounds of .45Colt semi-jacketed HP for anything bigger. I keep two moon clips loaded with .45acp 230gr. FMJ in reserve for quick reloads. The gun is lightweight and easy to carry but there if I need it.

Not a good choice as a self-defense tool to defend against two-legged attackers but it serves my purposes quite nicely.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, it would be just for fun factor. My 1911 is on the night stand, AR in the closet for HD. Another 1911 or my XDM .45 rides with me for CCW.

Besides a .22 pistol to use my can on, .45 is the only other handgun caliber I have, that's kinda why I was leaning toward the governor.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:35:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I would do it, but don't be surprised if you get rid of it pretty quickly once the novelty wears off.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine for shooting hand thrown clay birds and snake repellent at my cabin.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:14:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Do it!  I love mine, it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot.  550 is a pretty good price too I think, around these parts I've seen used ones going for more than what I paid new for mine, and if you're buying it just for fun you won't be sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top