Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2016 10:40:12 AM EDT
I've been shooting my Core in production class in a few Action Pistol matches and was looking to get some target sights.

I really like the thin front sight on my CZ 75ST but to stay in production I need a fixed rear.

Has anyone here had success replacing their pro core sights and what did you use?
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Buddy of mine put Dawson sights on his. He seems to like them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I put on Ameriglo I Dot Pros and love 'em. I much prefer the dot over dot pattern of sights as opposed to the 3 Dot. And the Orange ringed front sight jumps out at you.

ETA....I have a Pro, not a Core.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm looking at the Dawsons.  I need to measure the sights on the cz to make sure I get close to what I want.    I'm going to black out the dots on my factory sights for the next match and see how I do.  I feel that sometimes at the further distances under pressure I tend to focus on the dots for aiming instead of lining up the sights and focusing on the top flat edge. of the front.

I'd read that some people had issues with some pro sights not fitting the core.  Just trying to avoid that and get something that'll work right the first time.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 12:20:21 AM EDT
[#4]
On my 5" .40 Pro. I switched to a dawson front sight.

.160 tall iirc.

Edit: Was very easy to switch out the front. Rear would be a piece of cake to switch.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered a set of Dawsons specifically for the CORE off their web sight. I went with the co-witness black rear, fiber front, but I won't be using an optic anytime soon. Dawson lists the set as:

• Dawson Carry Black Fixed Rear Sight .405 Tall x .125 Notch Width

• Dawson Fiber Optic Front Sight .320 Tall x .100 Wide
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Let me know how they work out for you.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#8]
After measuring the czs and comparing them to the M&p, I ordered the same ones minus the fiber front.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Received today.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Got mine last Friday.   Rear sight came off fairly easy.  New rear required a little fitting.  

I have been unable to get the front off.  Going to have to get the slide clamped up in 2x4s and get it on the concrete floor with some heat.

S&W sights come out left to right from what I've read.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top