Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2016 1:33:51 AM EDT
Just got out of the LGS and saw a full size M&P 9mm with thumb safety and Shield style loaded chamber indicator. It also has a serialized barrel that matches the slide and SN that starts with US.

Is this the civilian XM17 handgun or something else?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:40:19 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you mean by shield style loaded chamber indicator?

All M&P pistols have had the witness hole above the chamber.

What capacity magazines does this come with?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:13:56 PM EDT
[#2]
It had the "Loaded when Up" lever and it was 17 + 1
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a new one on me.

However, don't see it as a civil xm17 trial gun.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not a Shield feature, at least not on the one I have (about 2 years old)

And the full sizes, as well as the compact have always been available with a thumb safety.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And the full sizes, as well as the compact have always been available with a thumb safety.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw a police issue MP WITH loaded chamber indicator today at Academy. Aside from standard serial it had a police serial stamp on it. $389 out the door. I've never seen that chamber indicator before.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:45:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Saw a police issue MP WITH loaded chamber indicator today at Academy. Aside from standard serial it had a police serial stamp on it. $389 out the door. I've never seen that chamber indicator before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has to be the same pistol. Going to academy tomorrow, the LGS damn sure wanted more than $389!
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 2:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Interested to see pictures.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I actually got that exact pistol at an Academy for $389. Manual safety, loaded chamber indicator and police serial number "thingie". It was the last one they had, the guy behind the counter said he had four and sold them all the same day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top