Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2016 7:05:06 PM EDT
I'm looking for a .22 suppressor host, and it's between the Ruger 22/45 LITE and a S&W Victory.  An LGS has the Victory for $350 right now with threaded barrel, but I don't know if they are having any common problems.  When reading up on the Ruger it looks like there's about $100 worth of parts that need thrown in to make them worth using.  I'd also have to order one, and total price with transfer would be a little over $400 before upgrades.

So to any Victory owners out there, would you do it again?  Or go with the more expensive, and uglier, Ruger?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking for a .22 suppressor host, and it's between the Ruger 22/45 LITE and a S&W Victory.  An LGS has the Victory for $350 right now with threaded barrel, but I don't know if they are having any common problems.  When reading up on the Ruger it looks like there's about $100 worth of parts that need thrown in to make them worth using.  I'd also have to order one, and total price with transfer would be a little over $400 before upgrades.

So to any Victory owners out there, would you do it again?  Or go with the more expensive, and uglier, Ruger?
View Quote

Who has them for $350?  I want one.

Did you check this thread listed in the rimfire forum?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that thread.  I was hoping for more than one example of them.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 10:08:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I freakin hate my 22/45 lite and really regret selling my m&p 22c to get it. I wouldn't recommend anyone getting one of these pieces of trash.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#4]
A threaded Victory is the next thing up on my handguns list. The reviews are universally great, field strip/barrel swaps are stupid easy, and Volquartsen is already making replacement barrels.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought the standard, non-threaded version literally as soon as I could find one and it's been awesome. Extremely reliable and accurate. The only issue some owners have found is the takedown screw loosening up after shooting (the first time). This was the case on my gun the first time I shot it. I took the screw out and there was some factory oil on it. I got rid of that and put it back together. 1,000 rounds later, it hasn't budged.
Looking forward to the magazines becoming more common. So far, I've gotten one extra from Cabela's, so my total is three. I keep the gun in a soft 5.11 single pistol case.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this pistol.
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Hands down one of the most fun guns I have ever bought. Extremely accurate. I have shot roughly 500-600 rounds thru mine with a few failure to feeds (maybe 5). This did not occur until towards the end of the range trip after 300 rounds or so. I'm sure it being excessively dirty had a lot to do with it. Also really like the three dot fiber optic sights. Very easy to pick them up at an in/outdoor range. This target is ten rounds at 7ish yards using Federal Auto-Match. I am no professional shooter by any means so I can live with this. One shot about 1.5 second.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought mine about a week ago with the threaded barrel and am quite pleased.

I have fired about 1000 rounds of various kinds of ammo including sub sonic with no issues.

I would highly recommend this pistol.  I had none of the issues with barrel removal or loose take down screw. Seems like a keeper to me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top