Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2016 9:02:18 AM EDT
I noticed the little sear disconnecter (the little lever you flip down in the mag well to disassemble) was causing the trigger to feel real gritty. Anyways, I just installed a Apex trigger and sear and I left that stupid thing out. Is there any reason why I should put it back before I shoot it?
It's a M&P 9 without safety or mag safety.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Disregard.

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Bin it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 9:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
That one pin in that housing holds the sear disconnect and the magazine disconnect ( mag safety).

I've been taking the entire pin out. I bought one of my M&P's with a mag safety to get a good deal. I had to buy AR15 springs to fill space left on the pin, to hold the mag disconnect to the side.

Then realized, the parts don't interact in any way other than their function, which isn't important to me.

My advise, take the whole pin out and all the small parts on it. Put it in a zip lock bag just in case. But leave the sear disconnect and mag safety (if present) out.

Unless you're a police officer. Then you must ensure that both a sear disconnect and mag safety is present. Also, ensure you are not near any Serpa holsters. Otherwise, you will end up shooting yourself.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bin it.
View Quote

This

Mine are all removed

Eta: though I wouldn't actually toss the parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top