Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2016 4:00:53 PM EDT
Which brand and model speed loader for the Smith & Wesson 640-1 J frame 5 shot and where to find them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Safariland or HKS.  Each has its fans, each has its detractors.  Most of the usual sources will stock them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Speed strips are also a good option for J-frames.  Not as fast but more concealable.

Speed Loader for J-frames:

Safariland Comp I

HKS

Speed Beez

Maxfire

5-Star

I personally like Safariland Comp I best, I find them the fastest of what I have tried.  The HKS are a good value.  The Speed Beez look pretty interesting but I have not had a chance to try one yet.  I have heard they are fast but not as secure as some other versions.  5-Star for the bling factor for sure.

For carry I use moonclips, cause moonclips RULE!
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 7:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Safariland J-C7 comp I for speed loaders. They hold the rounds in better alignment than HKS and all you do is insert and PUSH.. the rounds drop right out without any twisting like the HKS requires. The comp I are a little more compact as well.

If you want something that disappears in a pocket then speed strips. I've only tried the Bianchi brand, they work great. Slower to reload but once you use them a few times it's not that slow. I load two at a time until the last round, if you really needed a quick follow up shot you could just strip two rounds and then finger the trigger until you get bangs....

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks all
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top