Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2016 3:56:56 PM EDT
Been training a lot this past month and I'm starting to get more and more FTF's on the last round.

Two weeks ago: 200 round session and at least a couple FTF's on the last round.

Last week: 200 round session and at least 3 FTF's on the last round. I did a very thorough cleaning of the mags after.

Today: 200 round session and at least 5 FTF's on the last round.

I would guess at least 1k rounds have been through each mag.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Never had a mag spring go bad that wasn't defective when new.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never had a mag spring go bad that wasn't defective when new.
View Quote

This, I had some springs go dead within a few loadings on 5 mags I got from Botach, no FTF but it stopped locking back.  I believe they had black paint.
S&W sent me some blue replacements, zero issues since.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:56:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Call  S&W and they will send you new springs and followers for free and include shipping.

I get two years out of springs and followers, normally the followers will crack on my 9mm.

1-800-331-0852 (USA)
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:30:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. The mags and gun are department issued, so I guess I'll just go to the armorer and ask for new ones.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#5]
My 8rd mags had the purple spring and after maybe a few months use, they bent right where the purple paint ends towards the front of the spring, I called Smith and Wesson to get replacement springs but they were all out, now neither mag works right till S&W gets more inventory in. The customer service person I talked to was nice and courteous, but hopefully they get springs in soon so I can go get some more range time in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top