Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 7:58:22 PM EDT
My wife has an M&P compact 9mm.  I'm looking for a new ccw, and considering the shield.  Anyone shot both guns? How would you compare the triggers?

I'll be asking the same question about the G19 and G43 in the Glock area.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]

I have both and they do feel substantially different, yet similar. It is really hard to explain but the compact has a lighter and smoother trigger and barely any reset. I believe they fixed the reset "problem" in the newer ones so it may feel more like the shield trigger now. I could care less about the reset because I never feel it while shooting...

I like the trigger better on the shield even though it is a little heavier and has more grit. I have thousands of rounds through the compact and maybe 700 on the shield, I'm sure it will smooth out eventually.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:48:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I shoot my shield better than my compact or full size, all in 9mm. They all have pretty gritty triggers from the factory.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Triggers are pretty similar , although the mp compact seemed slightly better. I also have glocks, 19, 26, 30s.  Shoot a number of 43's and it was terrible, worst trigger I've shot. Heavy pull and that gun was not at all fun to shoot.  If I were you I and your looking for single stack, the shield is certainly a good choice but I think you should do yourself a favor and check out the new PPS M2.  Initial reviews are outstanding and the trigger is getting great reviews.  Good review below.

http://youtu.be/7fFSyVggcmQ
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#4]
This will primarily be pocket carry, so weight matters. The CM9 is 16oz, while the shield adds 2 more, the ps m2 is 21!   I had a CW9 and the trigger isn't aweful.  It's come down the cm9 or shield I think, even though shield is half inch taller and longer.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:42:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a cm9 and it just didn't feel as "durable" as the shield and definitely wasn't as reliable (magazine issues). I don't see how you could pocket carry a shield though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top