Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 1:46:35 PM EDT
Good Afternoon,
Searching this forum did not seem to locate any threads directly related to my question.

I want to buy an M&P 9 FS. I know they have had some accuracy problems in the past with barrel fit (tightness).

Has this been fixed in the newer ones? Are they as accurate for most owners as a Glock 17?

Also how do you know if you are buying an updated pistol? Some posts online mentioned a dimple in the barrel- but they were not overly specific?
Thank you,
Tom

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The dimple on the barrel means nothing about being updated. Any 2015 production gun will have updated parts.

The frame should have a square block in front of the sear pin, and not round, the trigger bar should have an H stamped on it (by the trigger spring on the inside), and the slide stop will have a dimple that faces the trigger bar on the ejection port side.

The barrel will have a faster twist, but hard to tell unless you're comparing it to an older barrel.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately my has an "s" on the trigger bar and no dimple. I have a late 2013 manufacturing date. Were they still known to have barrel problems at that time?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Unfortunately my has an "s" on the trigger bar and no dimple. I have a late 2013 manufacturing date. Were they still known to have barrel problems at that time?
View Quote
It should have the Gen 2 barrel in it, current production is Gen 3 with the faster twist. Only way to know is to shoot it.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:14:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Might just get rid of it while it is unfired and pick up a 2015 gun....
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Might just get rid of it while it is unfired and pick up a 2015 gun....
View Quote

Just shoot it and see how accurate it is, not all the guns had issues.  Even though it's unfired it's still a used gun and won't bring new price so you just as well put a few rounds through it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd shoot it and see what happens.  I have shot every single M&P barrel available, and from 2012 and beyond they all seem to shoot the same.

Worst case scenario, its a good excuse to drop in a nice wilson or KKM down the line.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'd shoot it and see what happens.  I have shot every single M&P barrel available, and from 2012 and beyond they all seem to shoot the same.

Worst case scenario, its a good excuse to drop in a nice wilson or KKM down the line.
View Quote
The new Apex barrels look promising.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top