Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2015 11:15:09 PM EDT
Hey guys, so I recently tried using Trijicon HD sights but found out immediately that the front sight was too loose in the dovetail and I could move it with my fingers. So does anyone have any recommendations for me? Thanks!

ETA: I use 10-8 fiber optic front and black u notch for the rear on my full size gun but figured I should have some sort of tritium for my carry gun.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I put TruGlo TFOs on mine- I really like them, fiber optic and tritium in one.  I find them easier in the daytime to see than just tritium.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put TruGlo TFOs on mine- I really like them, fiber optic and tritium in one.  I find them easier in the daytime to see than just tritium.
View Quote

I have heard people had issues with the front sight falling apart. How often do you shoot?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:30:52 AM EDT
[#3]
How do you know the sight or your slide isn't out of spec? It would be wise to solve the problem before cramming something else in there.

I like the warren tactical blacked out rear with a fiber optic front or trijicon HD front/ameriglo proglo front.

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How do you know the sight or your slide isn't out of spec? It would be wise to solve the problem before cramming something else in there.

I like the warren tactical blacked out rear with a fiber optic front or trijicon HD front/ameriglo proglo front.

View Quote

The factory sight fits in really tight and stays there so I don't think it is the slide.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I put a set of Ameriglo Pro i-dot SW-345's on my Shield and really like them. Both had to be pressed into the dovetails.

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the 10-8 Black  U Notch (wide) for my shield rear,  and a Ameriglo tritium front sight for the  front (orange ring, green tritium). Same setup as my fullsize M&P.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I use the 10-8 Black  U Notch (wide) for my shield rear,  and a Ameriglo tritium front sight for the  front (orange ring, green tritium). Same setup as my fullsize M&P.
View Quote

I might try this. Have any pictures?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I was gonna recommend the Trijicon HD's, but it looks like you've already had issues

Did you call Trijicon about it?

Pretty sure the Ameriglo front post with the ring is identical to the Trijicon HD front post, so keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was gonna recommend the Trijicon HD's, but it looks like you've already had issues

Did you call Trijicon about it?

Pretty sure the Ameriglo front post with the ring is identical to the Trijicon HD front post, so keep that in mind.
View Quote

I emailed them and haven't heard back yet. I think I will go with what I have on my full size gun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I have some Ameriglo Hacks on mine.

similiar width to the Trijicon but a flat black u notch rear.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:35:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I have heard people had issues with the front sight falling apart. How often do you shoot?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TFOs are fine for a carry gun.  If you're hard on your equipment, they might break, but shooting doesn't wiggle them out.  I'm at around 2,500 through my carry gun with no issues.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Tru glo tfx
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:19:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably 1,000 rounds down range, no issues yet.  I  used to pocket carry it a lot too, yes big pockets
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I have trijicon hd on my shield and the original sights were a bear to get off.  The hd were very tight as well.  Mine are the yellow front sight variety if that helps you.  I used a mgw sight pro for the removal and install.  No way is my front site going to move on my copy of the shield.  I have about 500 through mine with the sights.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 10:02:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have trijicon hd on my shield and the original sights were a bear to get off.  The hd were very tight as well.  Mine are the yellow front sight variety if that helps you.  I used a mgw sight pro for the removal and install.  No way is my front site going to move on my copy of the shield.  I have about 500 through mine with the sights.
View Quote

Hmm that is definitely weird then. When was your shield made? Sounds like varying tolerances.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#16]
I used 10-8 u-notch rear and brass bead front on my Shield.  I didn't want to worry about breaking the fiber optic tube.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:01:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Ameriglo hackathorne set. Plain rear. Orange outlined tritium front.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1  That's what I have on mine.

I liked them so much, I put them on my G19, as well.

Don't carry the G19 much at all, but both me and the wifey like them better than the stock sights.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I put a set of Ameriglo Pro i-dot SW-345's on my Shield and really like them. Both had to be pressed into the dovetails.  
View Quote

I just ordered these.  They will be going in with my Apex kit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Ended up going with a 10-8 fiber optic front and 10-8 rear u notch to mimic my full size gun. Thanks everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top