Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2015 8:13:00 PM EDT
I saw a new old stock S&W 610 semi target with the wood finger grooved grips complete with box and paperwork sell for almost $2000. Just curious about why this revolver commands such a price. Granted it was NIB with fluted cylinder but man that's about python price.

Looking at Gun auction sites seems to confirm steady higher pricing for this model.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally I would never pay that , but people do because they were only made for a short period of time and in pretty limited numbers.

Smith collectors like them because the are a hard to find revolver that shoots 10mm
Then you have guys that are just fans of the 10mm round that want a nice revolver -not many options

Link Posted: 7/17/2015 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Two things drive a gun's collectability status: rarity & demand. The 610 no-dash seems to have both.

Look at the Model 52's status. 5rd mag, uses odd ammo, limited to target use only & yet they're $900+ in decent condition.  

Link Posted: 7/18/2015 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The Smith 610 is an excellent wheelgun.  Accurate, shoots 10mm and .40 ammo.  I would love to buy one.  The prices are just too crazy high for my tastes.  Alot of enthusiasts won't buy a new Smith because of several reasons.  This demand has really driven up the prices for older Smith wheelguns.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Here I always thought it was the 610's ability to be accessorized...

My 610 (no-dash) with fluted cylinder and 6.5 inch barrel and a supper uber slick weapon mounted light for night fights.  Bought it used back in 2007 for $520.  Whoever owned it before me had a spetacular trigger job done on it.  Sub 2lb single action just over 7 lbs in double actions.  Shot USPSA Revolver Division with for 3-4 years when I upgraded to a 625 and in 2014 I upgraded to a 627.  Now it's mostly carried during deer season and around the farm when working trails etc, I still take it out for one or two club matches each year.  I wish my 627 had a 6.5 in barrel.

Offer me $2000 and I might part with it but not a penny less.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that a LaRue tactical light mount?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top