Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2015 1:31:44 PM EDT
I just recently acquired a M&P FDE Full Size 45 ACP. And happened across ATS doing a web search on the pistol. The pistol is a decent shooter and I'm sure, it will get better as it breaks in more.

Are there though, any peeps that have gone the ATS way? And if you have, could you share your experience? Trying to determine if I should do the upgrades now or wait for a bit and just shoot as is.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I've done both of my M&P's and it was worth it to me.

What is your intended use?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:52:11 PM EDT
[#2]

I have two full size M&P pistols that have the Apex trigger kits in them.  My new M&P 40 it made a huge difference but my older police trade-in M&P .45 it made it a little better but not worth the money.  How does your stock trigger feel to you?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Mainly for plinking but could become a concealed carry.  So not wanting a overly light trigger 4-5 lbs.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've done both of my M&P's and it was worth it to me.

What is your intended use?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Factory trigger isn't bad. I've felt/had worse. Little gritty and the reset is a little long. Less then 100 rds down the pipe. Break in is still on going.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have two full size M&P pistols that have the Apex trigger kits in them.  My new M&P 40 it made a huge difference but my older police trade-in M&P .45 it made it a little better but not worth the money.  How does your stock trigger feel to you?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#5]
worth every penny in my opinion. i tried sticking with the factory trigger but could not warm up to it. i dropped in the FSS and trigger kit and my groups tightened considerably and now its the most accurate pistol i have.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:16:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I just purchased my first M&P, haven't shot it yet but I'm considering the apex route as well. There is a Sticky thread on top of page one that has all the info and reviews you will need to help make your decision. I know it helped me
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#7]
neither one of my M&Ps lasted a week before I installed the APEX parts, it was money well spent. I tried to leave them stock but just didn't care for the trigger.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 11:28:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Stock trigger was gritty out of the box in my FS 9, so the Apex trigger cleaned that up.  Reset still sucks, maybe I'll get the RAM to help out with that.  

Worth it, IMO.
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:36:48 PM EDT
[#9]
APEX is not worth it IMHO.

Yes, out of the box the triggers on mine were gritty but after some dry firing and life rounds through the gun they smoothed up nicely. I did have a full size 9 with the duty kit and it was nice and smooth but the pull was actually harder and I didn't feel like it really helped anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top