Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2015 12:40:47 PM EDT
I picked up a Shield 9 this weekend and i was messing with it as soon as i got home :). I was trying to get familiar with and how to take it apart and all that good stuff we do when we get a new toy lol talk about a PIA! :( I have a Glock 19 as my EDC and can take that thing apart in seconds. The Shield was another story...i had to Youtube this crap lol even then i still had some struggling to do it. Hoping it gets better as i put some rounds on it and everything is not so tight.

can i get some good and bad experiences? everything i read and saw prior to picking it up was really good. I liked the G43 as well but with the good rating on this, i figure i'd save money and put that towards some good sights.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Shield in 9mm, and carry it daily.  It has over 1000 rounds through it to date and never one miss feed, jam, etc..  Only thing, I purchased Uplula magazine loader because of the stiff magazine springs.  Also, added a set of big dot sights.

Hopefully, you will appreciate it more when you get it broken in a bit.

joe
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
what's hard about it? lock the slide back, spin the takedown lever 90 degrees, release the slide, take off slide and pull out the spring and barrel. you're done!
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Great gun for concealed carry. I have many rounds through mine and I have yet to have an issue. Very reliable in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:26:54 AM EDT
[#4]
You do realize the disassembly procedure is the EXACT same procedure as a Glock plus one additional step right... The only difference is the takedown lever, not really sure what you found hard about it

The shield is a phenomenal handgun for the size, I find that I can shoot mine just as well as a midsized handgun like the G19

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]
sorry for the late reply on this, i appreciate your feedback on this. I am actually looking around for some sights.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:39:06 PM EDT
[#6]
according to the manual, you have to mess around with that yellow pin in order to take apart. Unless that is not necessary, then i must be doing it the hard way.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what's hard about it? lock the slide back, spin the takedown lever 90 degrees, release the slide, take off slide and pull out the spring and barrel. you're done!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes i realize that, but according to the manual there is a yellow pin that you have to mess with as well. I'll mess with it some more this weekend and see how it goes. Thanks for the feedback

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You do realize the disassembly procedure is the EXACT same procedure as a Glock plus one additional step right... The only difference is the takedown lever, not really sure what you found hard about it

The shield is a phenomenal handgun for the size, I find that I can shoot mine just as well as a midsized handgun like the G19

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#8]
uh just skip the takedown lever by pulling
the trigger
(make sure its empty!)
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#9]
The springs are tight till you put at least a couple of boxes through it.

About the only thing I did was catch my hand in the ejection port putting it back together. Big hand and small guns.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Lock slide back

Rotate takedown lever

Release slide

Pull trigger

Remove slide
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:10:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Finally got to put a few hundred rounds through my shield.
The difference is night and day.
Everything loosened up nicely ,cant wait to put another 500 or so through it.
Never thought i would replace my Hk USPc .40 but the thickness and length
of the shield are perfect for summer carry.
I did buy a maglula because the springs are stiff as hell  and loading 5 mags at the range by hand gave me arthritis
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I went to my friend's ranch this past weekend and I put about 100 rounds, not a single malfunction! The springs are still a bit tight but hopefully they'll get better with more rounds. Happy with it so far, finally got around the issue about taking it apart since I followed the directions to skip the step with that yellow tab.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top