Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2015 11:37:42 AM EDT
Storm lake wants $237 for a threaded M&P 9c barrel.
Can you drop a 9mm Full size barrel into a compact and then thread that barrel?
This SL barrel is $130 and I can get it threaded for $50.

Even factory S&W barrels are like $80 when in stock.

So will full size barrels drop into compact frames?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

View Quote
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_16/159969_SandW_MandP9_Threaded_Barrel_13_5x1LH.html&page=1#i1739991

The SL barrels have the same profile as the factory barrels. They contour down after the muzzle. Technically you can do it, I wouldn't think it would be accurate at all, as the barrel wouldn't lock up correctly at the muzzle.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quiet Riot has the barrel for $199 shipped
Link
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anybody make a threaded barrel for the 5" long slide CORE models in .40 S&W?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 11:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I did it with a KKM 5" barrel going into a 4.25" gun.  KKM barrels have the same diameter from chamber to muzzle.  I could drop a 4.25" barrel into my compact when I get home, but I have to ask, how do you plan to do the threading?

ETA:

4.25" KKM barrel in a 9c.  Works just fine.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 5" model I use for uspsa limited but would like to jump into the open division eventually but don't want to port the barrel and want to use a thread on comp. Maybe also suppress it in the future. Was just curious if anybody made a drop in barrel that is threaded for a suppressor and will fit the long slide. Thanks for the pic also. May have to do that with my compact m&p40
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
My open gun is a 9L.  I put a comp on it using a threaded Storm Lake barrel.  So yes, there are extended threaded barrels available for 5" slide guns.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks. I've looked at storm lake before but didn't see them. Will look again

Edit: looks like storm lake only has it for 9mm and I am looking for .40s&w. looks like I may have to convert to 9mm
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#8]
KKM will do a threaded 5" in .40.  And you have the bonus of it being a better barrel.

http://www.kkmprecision.com/shopping-cart/?func=order&frompage=cat&cat=MP

I have a lot of M&P barrels.  The KKM ones are far and away the best.  All of my 9mm guns have one now with the exception of the .40 converted to 9, the compact, and the race gun slide.  But I bought another long slide for Limited and it has a KKM.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:06:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for all your help. Time to put some $ aside for the upgrades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top