User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes a big one that I've been meaning to post and just haven't had a lot of time online to do so. I'll fill you guys in soon. It's good news and a nice update.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update ?

Yes a big one that I've been meaning to post and just haven't had a lot of time online to do so. I'll fill you guys in soon. It's good news and a nice update.
I was 43 when this thread was created, and now I'm already past turning 44

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:31:28 PM EDT
[#2]
FINAL UPDATE:

After the 4th attempt by Smith and Wesson and 3rd trip back to the factory, they replaced my defective Shield with a completely new Shield. I have tested the new Shield Several times with over 500 trouble free rounds and shot many types of hollow points through it and I'm happy to say it is 100% reliable now. Very accurate and shows better groups then the Shield from the OP. A big thumbs up to Smith and Wesson for making this right!

Pictures of groups are at 5 yards offhand. The holster is a Rocket Man Low Rider model and is my CCW rig.

Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome!! Congrats on following through and not giving up on S&W, OP!
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Great!

I just bought a new Shield 9 for carry

Ran a couple hundred 124gr RN and hollow point brass reloads through it and no problems
Shot 49 rds of 20+yr old Wolf 110gr (copper washed cased, RN) and the 50th rd failed to eject
Slide kicked back, didn't eject the case, slide then went forward and lodged the empty case back in the chamber. Took a lot of hard pulling and a lot of wd40 to get the slide to release and eject the spent case

I still have a 100 rds of the Wolf and plan on shooting them up soon (I'll report back)
Hope it's just a breaking-in thing but after this box, no more cheapo steel cased ammo for this gun

BTW- I'm gonna look into that holster you're using

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 11:14:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I am glad you finally got a gun that works but really disappointed that it took S&W over 7 months to get it to you
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm glad that S&W made it right; good luck with your Shield.

Nice shooting too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
FINAL UPDATE:

After the 4th attempt by Smith and Wesson and 3rd trip back to the factory, they replaced my defective Shield with a completely new Shield. I have tested the new Shield Several times with over 500 trouble free rounds and shot many types of hollow points through it and I'm happy to say it is 100% reliable now. Very accurate and shows better groups then the Shield from the OP. A big thumbs up to Smith and Wesson for making this right!

Pictures of groups are at 5 yards offhand. The holster is a Rocket Man Low Rider model and is my CCW rig.
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_5708_zpsrqcva671.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_5708_zpsrqcva671.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_5707_zpsduooejne.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_5707_zpsduooejne.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_5710_zps1xunmalm.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_5710_zps1xunmalm.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s68.photobucket.com/user/SkagSig40/media/100_5711_zpsjmkemvwe.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/SkagSig40/100_5711_zpsjmkemvwe.jpg</a>
View Quote

Finally someone who can shoot!  You wouldn't believe how many people look like they are shooting at 25 yards instead of 5 with their hand gun lol.

Glad you got it fixed. I love my M&P.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up a Shield and a full size M&P 9 about two months ago.  I have had a FTE twice, once at round 137 and one tonight at about round 365.  I'm keeping track of this because of this thread!  I'll be calling Smith tomorrow.  I love the gun.  I like it much more than the full size M&P 9 (which I do like)...it bums me out this is happening.  Glad you got the issue fixed.  I'll see what happens with mine.  I hope I can get it fixed.  The pistol is a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#9]
1000 rds thru mine.  zero malfunctions.

I ran everything, golddots, 115 grain ball, tula,  all worked.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Got it back today.  It says they "polished the chamber and barrel.  I don't understand how that can fix this problem, but I'll start putting rounds through it again and see what happens.  If it isn't fixed I'm going to ask them for my money back.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:35:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got it back today.  It says they "polished the chamber and barrel.  I don't understand how that can fix this problem, but I'll start putting rounds through it again and see what happens.  If it isn't fixed I'm going to ask them for my money back.
View Quote

Please keep us posted and good luck.
I wonder for how many Shields that run 100% flawless, how many have problems. I just heard that smith and Wesson has sold 2 million shields now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:02:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I wonder for how many Shields that run 100% flawless, how many have problems. I just heard that smith and Wesson has sold 2 million shields now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zero issues with mine, 600-900 rounds so far.

Sorry about your troubles man. Glad you have a running pistol now.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#13]
My shield has been eating everything including wolf.  I'm near the 1000 round mark with the apex trigger and internals.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Man you have reeeeeaaaalllly bad luck. The four shields in my immediate family have all been flawless.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 7:22:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Mine is a late 2014 build  and its been flawless , I may trade for a Glock after reading all this.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mine is a late 2014 build  and its been flawless , I may trade for a Glock after reading all this.
View Quote

If you're has been flawless, I'm curious why you would trade it off. You can read about problems with Glocks also.
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

No don't trade it off if it runs fine! Every single gun I have bought that had problems showed them with in the first 50 rounds. If you have well over that with no issues then your shield is good to go and will never have problems. Keep and trust it!
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you're has been flawless, I'm curious why you would trade it off. You can read about problems with Glocks also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn right. I've got two Shields and they've both been perfect.

But with that said no company is immune to the occasional lemon. It happens when demand is created for a mass produced product. I had a brand new gen 3 G20 that was assembled wrong. Hickok45 had a G42 that didn't shoot everything and jammed a lot, and a G19 and G41 that triggers would not reset. They missed that perfection memo. You can read here how the G43 mags were not dropping freely and were having accuracy issues.

But...there will always be people hyping up issues and deliberately ignoring issues dependent on what the competition is and and their favorite brand.

His Shield is flawless and has more rounds plus it's cheaper and has lots of aftermarket options.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I've been reading about a LOT of this going around lately...which is unfortunate because a Shield has been on my short list for a while now
View Quote

My Shield did what OP's was doing too, but only with Remington target ammo. Don't write off the Shield, sometimes guns can be ammo picky. In my case I can't shoot Remington target ammo but it works fine with tons of other ammo including every flavor is trash steel case.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top