Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2015 10:22:14 PM EDT
Overall pretty good reviews. I fondled one at the LGS and the ergonomics are fantastic. Before I pull the trigger on one, I wanted to ask if anyone carries one?

If so, how do you like it? It seems a bit smaller then a Glock 17 and I tich bigger then a 19. Would I think would be a good carry weapon.

Also, the grips don't feel to slick like the glock gen 3 or even 4, does stippling really make a difference?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:28:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I love mine. Very accurate and the grip feels better than a Glock.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#2]
M&P grips are night and day compared to Glocks.  I still stippled my M&Ps though, as the added texture definitely feels better and allows for a better grip.  But I have to say that I'm not a huge fan of the VTAC.  I find the sights annoying which is why I would just get a plain'ol M&P and slap Trijicon HDs on it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:29:14 AM EDT
[#3]
While I do not have a VTAC specifically I do have an M&P with VTAC sights. I know the sights got a bad rap at first but I've had mine now for close to 3 yrs. I've carried it a lot and have put close to 1500 rounds so far. Sights still look like new.

I say get one if its a good price.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:03:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Just to tag on here instead of starting a new thread.

How long did it take to get accustomed to the sights?

What is considered a good price?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I see you have a tank, go to Quantico Tactical and they have a nice discount for .mil, plus the $50 rebate from S&W, should be low $500.

The sights for me did not take getting used to at all, I believe people exaggerate this. In the day time all you really see is the fiber part of the sights. At night, you can kind of see both but it's not distracting. That's been my experience with these sights.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:13:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Great Pistol it's accurate and the sights don't take any time at all to get used to.
In the light the fiber is so bright you don't notice the tritium and same in reverse for the dark it's really a great system. I think the only people that dog the sights are ones who don't own them.

Mine is now on night stand duty since my wife is also comfortable with it but I did carry it almost daily for about two years with no issues. I can't say enough good things about it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:21:43 AM EDT
[#7]
No VTAC for me but love the 9 Pro and wife loves 9C.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:36:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine should be here this week! My LGS ordered it last week and I can't wait until it gets here!!! My wife has had an M&P 9 for a little over 3 years now and while I mainly shoot Glocks and my Beretta 92 I shot hers off and on. So I finally decided to grab one and went with the VTAC 9. I like everything it has to offer and the shop has 10% off this month so I saved a little. Plus S&W has their 3 free mags offer going so it was a no brainer. :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top