Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2015 2:29:10 PM EDT
slick guns link

I am very close to fo'ing.  I would request a non-safety model of course. (READ THE REVIEWS, they have both) I am not seeing where to enter the SAVE35 code though.  I have ordered from Bud's successfully before.  My xfer fee is $15 at my guy.  I'd still need a holster but I have a new G17/22 Raven clone that I could sell for more funds to get an M&P one for IDPA use.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:20:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Man that thing shows alot of holster wear in those pics. 100 more buys you a new one. I would rather buy new than something with a lot of wear.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
do new ones come with 3 mags? the reviews say most are 90% condition or better.  screw the pic.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Buds was selling those same guns for about the same price.  I don't know if they still have them or not but the ones I saw in store didn't have nearly that much holster wear.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Holster wear isn't an issue. It looks like a good deal.

Why spend $100 when it might get worn out anyways?

Plus I know a guy who refinishes slides for about 55 bucks.

http://www.shop.xd-hs2000.com/Slide-Refinishing-Services-Refinish-Full.htm

IIRC he is generous enough to drop in an ultimate striker block, and install sights free of charge if you are getting the slide refinished.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a damn good deal to me.  Yes, new ones are just $100 more, but they come with only two mags and no night sights.  If I was in the market for a .45, this would be it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:41:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buds was selling those same guns for about the same price.  I don't know if they still have them or not but the ones I saw in store didn't have nearly that much holster wear.
View Quote

the ad is for Bud's...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#7]
tempting, been looking for a reason to buy a S&W handgun

don't own anything in 45 though
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:40:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I've yet to hear back from Bud's.  Tried calling and was on hold for 9 minutes as "the first call in the order to be answered" and they never picked up.  I see no indication that the SAVE35 code is legit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

the ad is for Bud's...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

the ad is for Bud's...
Didn't notice, I thought slick guns was a store

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#10]
i almost FO'ed

but then i saw it!

safety

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#11]
talked to them on the phone today, some do some don't.  No guarantee on what you'll get because they don't hand select...fuckers
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, I rolled the dice.  Between yesterday and today I drove to 7 local gun dealers and prices on everything were so laughable, I guess I kind of had to jump on this.  I grabbed a "3 free mags rebate form" from S&W from a LGS that I might try sneaking by for some extras if it flies.  Fingers crossed I get one with no manual safety.  Here is the reply I got via e-mail today:"Thanks for contacting BudsGunShop.com,

Unfortunately we would not be able to guarantee that.  Most of these are without safety but they are not inspected to be sure, just shipped as they are.

Sincerely,

Steve
BudsGunShop.com"

So we shall see.  My guy is $15 per xfer so I'll be $379 all in.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 12:09:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

i almost FO'ed

but then i saw it!

safety

View Quote

This is why I don't like how M&P is setup. Way too many models. It impossible without emailing the seller to see how many liberal safeties are in the gun. I just want a M&P without safety like a plain Glock but it takes huge amount of effort to find one.

Link Posted: 4/2/2015 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#14]
FYI the safety is very easy to remove and S&W has factory plugs that snap into place to fill the void when gone.  Google it or Youtube it
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
FYI the safety is very easy to remove and S&W has factory plugs that snap into place to fill the void when gone.  Google it or Youtube it
View Quote

This. OP if you get one with a thumb safety, its not a huge deal. Try it with the safety and see how you like it but if you want it gone, easy enough to do.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh for sure.  Still waiting for it to ship, stupid 5 day hold on ACH...
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#17]
came in today.  Grabbed it on my lunch and snapped off some (pre-cleaning) pics for you guys as it arrived to me.  It is a 4" (mid) model not the 4.5", it has no manual safety, and it has no mag disconnect either.  Condition is "meh" but I hope it will clean up well with the right solvents and tools.  I didn't test the Trijicon's out but I am thinking they will be weak at best.  The rear sight and the S&W engravings have rust in them.  Gonna have to go at that with some brass and some solvent.  The trigger mech has some nasty grease on it.  The rails appear good and the trigger action is nice and clean, I was expecting it to be awful.  Here are the pics:

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#18]

Not sure what this is but it came off with my fingernail

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll take more pics after cleanup and detailing.  I know the front coil roll pin needs to be set back in deeper too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:19:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Actually, I think the front pin is supposed to stick out a little bit so it acts as a stop for the takedown lever.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I see that now, yeah.  Thx.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 8:26:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Actually, I think the front pin is supposed to stick out a little bit so it acts as a stop for the takedown lever.
View Quote

The locking block coil pin should be driven in a bit further, but won't affect anything as it is currently stands.  

It does not act as a stop for the takedown lever.  Notice the cutout on the takedown lever?  It allows for proper functioning/use of the takedown lever in case the coil pin walks out.

Edit for punctuation.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The locking block coil pin should be driven in a bit further, but won't affect anything as it is currently stands.  

It does not act as a stop for the takedown lever.  Notice the cutout on the takedown lever?  It allows for proper functioning/use of the takedown lever in case the coil pin walks out.

Edit for punctuation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit for punctuation.

That's interesting. Every M&P I've owned or looked at had the pin sticking out on that side. Is that what S&W says the cutout is for?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's interesting. Every M&P I've owned or looked at had the pin sticking out on that side. Is that what S&W says the cutout is for?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edit for punctuation.

Every M&P I've worked on (60+) was fresh out of the box with the coil pin centered in the frame.  The cutout allows for the coil in to be driven out if the takedown lever is stuck in the down position.  You can also drive out the trigger pin with the takedown lever down.  

If things get jammed up (inproper reassembly in my case) and you can get the takedown lever rotated down , you can drive out the coil pin and trigger pin and move the locking block up, which should loosen everything up for disaasembly.  

Doug Grier, the S&W national LE rep, did my armorer training, and it was never specifically mentioned what the take down lever cutout was for.  You kinda figure it out when something jams up.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I emailed S&W and they said "the cutout is there so the lever can travel fully to the takedown position".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top