Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2015 7:05:04 PM EDT
I currently own a mp9 with some apex trigger work. I like the gun quite a bit and for the sake of consistency and uniformity I would like to purchase a second as my next pistol. I have not kept up with the smith plastic line up so I admit I am unaware. If you could. ...

Will the 4.25 pro fit in my mp9 holsters properly?

Is the improved trigger and fiber optic front sight the only improvements?

Is it worth the extra dough?

Thanks

Jon
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
get the 5"

Unless things have changed, the Pro trigger is not as nice as APEX or Burwell's PDF

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Pro CORE on Saturday and the trigger feels the same as my early production 9c.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
If you get the Pro Core model, the raised sights will not work on some holsters.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:21:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I am in the market for a PRO too.  I thought they shipped with Apex trigger parts in them?  Do they come with a holster and three mags or no holster and two mags?  The $50 MIR is tempting me if I can find one for a decent price.  I think Cabelas wants $629+tx when online sites are in the mid $500 range.  Bastards.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes the gun is supposed to be equipped with apex parts. The holsters are interchangeable with the regular mps generally,  assuming the holster has an open bottom to accommodate the longer barrel
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#6]
right, but some M&P's come with a Bladetech style holster, does the Pro?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#7]
The 4.25" pro series is identical in slide and frame shape to the standard 4.25" model. The fiber front/black rear sights are the same height, but make sure that there isn't some kind of taller sights on the gun, they might not fit all holsters.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Not all M&Ps come with the holster and mag holder. That's specifically the range and carry kit, I don't know if any pro models have that or not.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:40:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess I haven't kept up, because my 4.25" pro came with night sights, not fiber optic.

But to confirm what others said above, my pro fits the same holster as my 4.25" non-pro.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#10]
My fullsize 9 will not fit in my bladetech holster for the Pro 9. The slide on the pro is slimmer up front.

As far as I know the 4.25 Pro is just a fullsize 9 with nightsights and the pro sear.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes it appears the 5 inch has fiber optics, the 4.25 night sights
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not all M&Ps come with the holster and mag holder. That's specifically the range and carry kit, I don't know if any pro models have that or not.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stopped in LGS at lunch.  They had a ^^^ kit.  Bladetech holster, the 5" pro dropped right in with ease.  Sadly the kit isn't standard with the 5" pro even though it would make the most sense...Springfield figured that out...
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Guy is selling a pro with 5 mags for 700 on classified. Shot him a reasonable offer. Doubt he will bite but im not hard pressed so why not
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#14]

I just picked up one of the Performance Center 5" CORE models, and the trigger is very, very close to my 4.25" CORE that I sent to Burwell for his trigger job.  Not quite as buttery smooth as the Burwell and maybe a half to pound or so heavier.

I have several M&P's, and it is the only one that I don't feel the need to modify the factory trigger.

I would still say, if you want the absolute best trigger possible, bite the bullet and pay the shipping to Burwell.  My 4.25" CORE that went to Burwell has the best trigger I have ever felt in a polymer gun

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:59:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just picked up one of the Performance Center 5" CORE models, and the trigger is very, very close to my 4.25" CORE that I sent to Burwell for his trigger job.  Not quite as buttery smooth as the Burwell and maybe a half to pound or so heavier.

I have several M&P's, and it is the only one that I don't feel the need to modify the factory trigger.

I would still say, if you want the absolute best trigger possible, bite the bullet and pay the shipping to Burwell.  My 4.25" CORE that went to Burwell has the best trigger I have ever felt in a polymer gun

If I could pick up another mp9 for 400 bones I would be down to send it in for the work. I grabbed the pro series that I found and the trigger feels pretty good for being essentially new

View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top