Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 8:35:44 PM EDT
is the S&W 10mm a gun I should get?
I have a friend who got one from a family members death and he is looking to sell.

I am not sure if a 10mm is something to own or not.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
is the S&W 10mm a gun I should get?I have a friend who got one from a family members death and he is looking to sell.
View Quote

Yes get
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes get it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#3]
If you dont want it..

let me know the price and model.. I could be interested
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#4]
10mm is my favorite pistol caliber, I even had an AR built in that caliber. So yes get it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely you should get it!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow..I guess I will pursue.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes get
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
is the S&W 10mm a gun I should get?I have a friend who got one from a family members death and he is looking to sell.

Yes get

Quoted:
Yes get it.

Yes get it now.

(can't believe I'm the first to pick up on that. )

next?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#8]
10mm is a lil different than most.  You have 2 watch most factory ammo because it is just high dollar .40s&w, on the other real 10mm is a BEAST in an automatic.  Either roll your own or check out underwood ammo or buffalo bore!   Be careful because not all 10mm are made the same, read up on safe loads for your model.   I love mine!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
10mm is a lil different than most.  You have 2 watch most factory ammo because it is just high dollar .40s&w, on the other real 10mm is a BEAST in an automatic.  Either roll your own or check out underwood ammo or buffalo bore!   Be careful because not all 10mm are made the same, read up on safe loads for your model.   I love mine!
View Quote
I shot a box of 180gr Underwood through my 1076 and while stout, was completely manageable.  No worse than my little XDs in .45acp.  In a Don Hume pancake holster it carries very well.  

Right now the 1076 is in my carry rotation with the XDs and a Sig 1911 Carry Nightmare.  It's loaded with Underwood 180gr XTPs, only because the 200gr was out of stock when I ordered them.  Eventually I'll replace them with the 200gr version- maybe a little less felt recoil?.  The energy numbers are pretty impressive for either round.

OP, if you don't want it, PM me where it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top